Suspicious trader on these boards

Everything else about trading. Specific Magiclibrarities Hero and Legends Permanent Lists and Legends External Links.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Crystal_Lotus

Suspicious trader on these boards

Post by Crystal_Lotus » Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:05 am

I wanted everyone to be aware that it appears that 'wizard1' on these boards is not trustworthy for purchases. I paid for an item over a month ago, and have yet to see it. He swears that he sent it, but cannot provide any verification of this. He has repeatedly gave false/misleading information. I'm pursuing refund now, and will post update.

Chris Mettler
Crystal Lotus
Madness Games

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:50 pm

I am not surprised to hear this. For one, I don't think I've ever seen 'wizard1' post on these, certainly not within the last month. I don't know how come you thought he was trustworthy in the first place, since it is likely that no one has vouched for him. In fact you don't post too much yourself.
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:09 pm

secretgiant wrote: In fact you don't post too much yourself.
And what's the point of that remark?
So what if he doesn't post a lot as long as his posts are usefull, and for the not so usefull posts...see the off topic section! :-D :-D :-D

i only saw that wizard dude once here on this site
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:30 pm

AXIOS wrote:
secretgiant wrote: In fact you don't post too much yourself.
And what's the point of that remark?
So what if he doesn't post a lot as long as his posts are usefull, and for the not so usefull posts...see the off topic section! :-D :-D :-D

i only saw that wizard dude once here on this site
I deleted the sentence that came after that remark because I didn't want to sound rude, but I didn't realize that my sentence didn't make sense anymore. I had meant to imply that since he may not be very well known, wizard1 wouldn't have sent first, but on the other hand, since wizard1 is virtually unknown, crystal lotus never should have agreed to pay first, and therefore there shouldn't have been a trade at all, unless mediated through a trustworthy member or the terms of the deal would be made public on these boards so that at least there could be some accountability.

I am such a windbag this morning.
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

Thrond
Librarities Legend

Post by Thrond » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:34 pm

It seems I have been ripped off too. I bought him a Beta REB more than a month ago, and did not receive anything yet.
But in the other hand, he bought me a A/B/U Underground Sea AP the december 19th, on ebay, and everything went well.

His nickname on ebay is Black-loti (and he's been still active the january 24th)

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:05 pm

Well, despite how often he posts, i would personally vouch for Crystal_Lotus any day of the week.

This wizard1 guy tho.. sounds like a deadbeat.
I'll be sure to avoid him should i ever see him.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Crystal_Lotus

Post by Crystal_Lotus » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:55 pm

Thanks Dilligaf. The main reason I don't post very often, is because I'm simply too busy. I run multiple retail stores, a mail order business, a convention business and write for a couple magazines. I've been a member of these boards, off and on, for about six years. I've always supported and promoted the rarities community. Erloo, Kikta, Dilligaf and others have dealt with me personally through various dealings.

I probably shouldn't have posted it out here, but it just got to me that this deal has gone so sour. I'm probably just naive when it comes to this site. I'm way too used to it being the close group of collectors that it had always been in the past.

Anyways, I really just thought it was worth mentioning how this deal has gone down, for everyone else's sake.

thanks,

Chris

Crystal_Lotus

Post by Crystal_Lotus » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:50 pm

Refund received in full. MODs, please delete this thread at your discretion.

Thanks,

Chris

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:08 pm

let's wait until the wizard replies for himself :-\
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

wizard1
Librarities Legend

Post by wizard1 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:59 am

I didnt even know this thread was opened until one of my friends told me today.

Now. Crystal Lotus you have to admit that I kept pretty decent communications with you regarding our trade. Although it might have been a couple days after your msgs I always replied. I did send you the box and it went missing. Then decided that It wasnt worth it to send another and offered you a full refund without you even asking.

I do understand that because I dont post to much here I might sound "suspicious" but I am not. My constant communications plus my own offering for a full refund may attest to this. Anyways im sorry our trade didnt work out. Thanks.

thanks.

wizard1
Librarities Legend

Post by wizard1 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 am

Talk to Moose_man regarding recent trade, I am NOT A DEADBEAT. Thrond I msged you read please.

wizard1
Librarities Legend

Post by wizard1 » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:21 am

PPS. If you still dont believe me ask "hispls" from MOTL to vouch for me. We've been trading countless power 9 cards back and forth for the past year or so.