Becareful of this Ripper while trading here

Everything else about trading. Specific Magiclibrarities Hero and Legends Permanent Lists and Legends External Links.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:31 am

magic-belgium wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't like to be in his shoes at the moment.

This is the most reputable forum worldwide for collectors.
Agreed.

In any case, may be a little OT, but is there a list of people here who are willing to act as third parties? I trust the members here, but I suppose it's a good-to-have thing.

Apocalypse2K
Legendary Apocalypse Tempest Collector

Post by Apocalypse2K » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:11 am

magicevolution wrote:
so glad this is getting resolved...isnt this troubling to other members?
In my case, i trade with yvel since two years ago and no problem at this time
Me too. I trade since one year. At last week, I received yvel's mail no problem.

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:57 pm

So what you're saying is that he only screws over *some* of the people he's dealing with, not *all* of them?

Thanks for sharing, folks.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Tha_Gunslinga wrote:So what you're saying is that he only screws over *some* of the people he's dealing with, not *all* of them?

Thanks for sharing, folks.
Yes, please stop posting about successful trades with Yvel. It's totally irrelevant.

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:39 pm

Ppl, posting irrevelant past trades that were successful with yvel has no bearing on the current issue at hand. you might have lucked out, and he had not wanted to screw you then, but the case before us is has screwed 2 of our forum's members, and gave one of them an empty promise to fix the problem, and the other, refused outright to fix any problem whatsoever, and in fact, skirted paypal's claims process by emptying his account of money, and pre-emptively emptied the account before the claim was filed, because once a claim is filed, your account is frozen for that amount at the minimum..

So currently, intentions by yvel are questionable at best, and I dont even want to discuss the worst.. but I'm sure you can assess the implications.

Reputation here is extremely valuable in this small community's eyes.. I would not want to tarnish it for a mere $75 yvel, that's just some advice for you. As for the others who had no issues with him.. dare you try and conduct business with him again? How much are you willing to risk losing?

Quite frankly drag, I'd have to agree with annorax, on any other forum that offers trading, he'd have been banned outright at the onset of him refusing to solve the problem, and I highly agree, we do not need such people within our midst and community. This is not a case of ban first questions later, yvel is unyielding in his views that it's ok to rip and get off scott free. I would not see it as a loss of a member of this community, rather, it's the cutting off of a the cancerous tumor.

-Morgan

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:41 pm

coolio wrote: Quite frankly drag, I'd have to agree with annorax, on any other forum that offers trading, he'd have been banned outright at the onset of him refusing to solve the problem, and I highly agree, we do not need such people within our midst and community. This is not a case of ban first questions later, yvel is unyielding in his views that it's ok to rip and get off scott free. I would not see it as a loss of a member of this community, rather, it's the cutting off of a the cancerous tumor.

-Morgan
Hi Morgan.
I was out of this forum for over 6 monthes, as you can see since I come back, on the very few spare time I have for me, I update the website before even updating my own Have/Want lists.Point is very simple I don't have the time to take care of the deals that didn't went through, and believe me, my inbox is full of some of these, and sometimes for way much more then 75$.I didn't follow the full story between Yvel and others Members, but I know that the moderators did.The moderators point that situation to me, and on their part, no banning was necessary.If Yvel doesn't want to solve the problem, it's his responsability, and for sure he will have to pay the price in regards of his credibility to this website.But, as I wrote before, out of that 75$ Trade, if no insurance were taken then this kind of thing could happen with any members in case of a loss due to the postal system, and one more time, I repeat, I didn't follow that trade.
I hope you understand my point of view.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Annorax
Legendary Elder Atog General

Post by Annorax » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:31 am

dragsamou wrote:Now, if a Member is definately ripping off others Members and this is proved, I will definately react by banning him, and will reactivate his account, only if full refund has been given to the Members that were involved.I have moved this topic into a more appropriate section.
Take Care.Alexis.
Ripping is precisely what yvel has done, apparently twice now. Allowing him to remain here, in a position where he may eventually rip again, would be doing your members a severe injustice. Why would you allow him to remain on your site after he has used it to steal from your other members?

mwagee
Librarities Legend

Post by mwagee » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:36 am

Annorax wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Now, if a Member is definately ripping off others Members and this is proved, I will definately react by banning him, and will reactivate his account, only if full refund has been given to the Members that were involved.I have moved this topic into a more appropriate section.
Take Care.Alexis.
Ripping is precisely what yvel has done, apparently twice now. Allowing him to remain here, in a position where he may eventually rip again, would be doing your members a severe injustice. Why would you allow him to remain on your site after he has used it to steal from your other members?
if im understanding this right I think what people are saying is that since theres no conclusive proof of ripping and it could all be the result of lost mail, there are no grounds to permanently ban him. Of course since Yvel is choosing no to redress the issue his standing among members has been lowered and people will be more wary in trading with him. That is punishment enough. Trade with him at your own discretion. Personally, I would not trade with him unless he uses shipping confirmation or insurance.

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Legally it's his duty to make sure the cards arrive, so if they don't arrive and he does nothing, he's ripping people off.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Tha_Gunslinga wrote:Legally it's his duty to make sure the cards arrive, so if they don't arrive and he does nothing, he's ripping people off.
Is that true under French law?

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:46 pm

l0qii wrote:
Tha_Gunslinga wrote:Legally it's his duty to make sure the cards arrive, so if they don't arrive and he does nothing, he's ripping people off.
Is that true under French law?
French law is very simple, if the buyer didn't get an insurance, it's his own fault, in case of any loss due to the Postal service.For any transactions that I do in France as a Seller, if the client wants no insurance, I systematically wrote:"A vos risques et périls"=At your own risk, meaning that if anything took place, I don't want to hear about it.
Last edited by dragsamou on Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:18 pm

Humm, I am not aware of this as a legal statute and I feel I need to be. Can you direct me to where I would find this in writing? I was under the impression that if one could show a certificate of sending issued by USPS that was the end of their responsibility. Is this a State thing or a Federal thing?
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

stu55
Librarities Legend

Post by stu55 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:49 am

I asked for Insurance and nothing ever came of that from him

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:25 am

The thing is that the item was paid with Paypal. And Yvel should abide by Paypal's rules, which means he should not empty his account to avoid a chargeback.

French Postal Service is quite good, and after having sold on Ebay (1st seller in value in France for a year), I can tell you that very little mail is lost. I was sending 10 000 packages a month, and 5 to 10 of them were lost. That's 0.01% at most.

If you consider Yvel, the proportion of lost mail is quite bigger, which made me think there was a problem.

What bothers me more here on the forum, is the fact that stu was called a terrorist when he asked Yvel to straighten things up. This is a REAL problem forum-wise.

If I may comment on drag's explanations, as long as you are a webmaster of a website, no matter if you are away from it for a long time, you will always be responsible for it. That doesn't mean however that the webmaster is responsible for lost mail of course, but Yvel's account could have been frozen until things had been cleared.

Yvel offered to trade cards with me on the forum (release cards), I'm afraid I won't trust him anymore unless I get my Oath of Druids back.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:42 am

magic-belgium wrote:T
If I may comment on drag's explanations, as long as you are a webmaster of a website, no matter if you are away from it for a long time, you will always be responsible for it. That doesn't mean however that the webmaster is responsible for lost mail of course, but Yvel's account could have been frozen until things had been cleared.
Hi Patrick.
I'm not the webmaster of this website, someone is taking care of that part for me.I'm responsable of it, but me or the mods will never be responsible for the trades or sales that took place on it.Now, if a lot of Members have problems with Yvel in the past, they should not trade with him, but he's not the only one concerned, like I wrote previously my inbox is full of different cases, and it's at the discretion of the Members to open a post on the forum to talk about it, most of them do that, once they didn't get a satisfying answer or refund from the Member involved.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.