Becareful of this Ripper while trading here

Everything else about trading. Specific Magiclibrarities Hero and Legends Permanent Lists and Legends External Links.

Moderators: cataclysm80, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp, hammr7, l0qii

stu55
Librarities Legend
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:23 am

Post by stu55 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:35 am

so glad this is getting resolved...isnt this troubling to other members? :-k

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:29 am

How is this getting resolved ?

User avatar
dragsamou
Administrator
Posts: 5648
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 1:17 pm
Location: Paris

Post by dragsamou » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:36 am

stu55 wrote:so glad this is getting resolved...isnt this troubling to other members? :-k
Hi Stu.
I wish that you find an happy issue with Yvel on that trade.As I live in France, I will have proceed this way, you bought 75$ of cards from me, I send them by Registrated Mail more or less 5 Euros, you do not get them, I give back the amount of money that the French Post office will provide me because of a loss, it takes about 1 month and it's exactely 45.73€(57.88$).And I agree with Chris, it's more important to me to have a good reputation then money.Myself or the mods unfortunately can't be responsible for the trades or sales that took place on this website between Members.Now, if a Member is definately ripping off others Members and this is proved, I will definately react by banning him, and will reactivate his account, only if full refund has been given to the Members that were involved.I have moved this topic into a more appropriate section.
Take Care.Alexis.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

User avatar
magicevolution
Librarities Legend
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:35 pm
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Contact:

Post by magicevolution » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:30 am

so glad this is getting resolved...isnt this troubling to other members?
In my case, i trade with yvel since two years ago and no problem at this time

stu55
Librarities Legend
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:23 am

Post by stu55 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:33 pm

dragsamou wrote:
stu55 wrote:so glad this is getting resolved...isnt this troubling to other members? :-k
Hi Stu.
I wish that you find an happy issue with Yvel on that trade.As I live in France, I will have proceed this way, you bought 75$ of cards from me, I send them by Registrated Mail more or less 5 Euros, you do not get them, I give back the amount of money that the French Post office will provide me because of a loss, it takes about 1 month and it's exactely 45.73€(57.88$).And I agree with Chris, it's more important to me to have a good reputation then money.Myself or the mods unfortunately can't be responsible for the trades or sales that took place on this website between Members.Now, if a Member is definately ripping off others Members and this is proved, I will definately react by banning him, and will reactivate his account, only if full refund has been given to the Members that were involved.I have moved this topic into a more appropriate section.
Take Care.Alexis.
Ok, but if you read the whole thread, he even says there is a problem and refuses to correct it. Isnt that admitting guilt? Then he calls me a terrorist, really? You want that kind of people on your forum?

User avatar
me-and_we
Librarities Legend
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:34 pm
Location: Vienna, where the Phantom of the Opera is at home

Post by me-and_we » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:02 pm

a) please consider that not every European is 100% fluent in English, so some things Yvel said or understood might have had the wrong impact on either side

b) both of you got very emotional during the debate, I can understand when someone does not want to refund the other party due to personal issues. I don't know Yvel and I never traded with him but considering that there are members who did so without problems, even recently, makes me believe he is no ripper. So calling him one won't help to solve your problem...

I still think Yvel should try to clear this situation, but in the end it is up to him...

stu55
Librarities Legend
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:23 am

Post by stu55 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:03 pm

ok, but how does it look when he refused to clear it up?

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Sometimes French people are very stubborn, and there is little you can do to make them change their mind or admit they are wrong... Good luck dealing with that. :-D

User avatar
pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:12 pm
Location: Germany

Post by pp » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:09 pm

I think both sides did mistakes, stu55, instead of going public directly you should have tried to solve the case first over the mods privatly. Going public made your Pm's to the mods superfluous.
Yvel was a little bit negligent with his trades during Xmas time, but callling him a ripper was overhasty.

Good that the case is closed, everybody can make his opinion about this. I would like to let Yvel say his final words and then close this thread.

Patrick

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:15 pm

From what I understood, Stu waited several months before posting here. he told me about this problem a long time ago.

Yvel offered to compensate the problem he had with me, but he never did... I did not bash him here, but I do not think he is completely clean now...

Now, I'll avoid trading with him, I am afraid I do not trust him after what happened. I lost 80 Euros and cards that I really liked. My loss.

ritnecrowin
Librarities Legend
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 7:51 pm

Post by ritnecrowin » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:54 pm

The most dissapointing part for me was offering Yvel a chance to publicly apologize and wipe the slate with me; yet he did not. He has indicated that he will try and find the cards and send them out to me, but I'm not holding my breath. I think having this thread here is fine and in part shouldn't warrant his banning. This gives folks food for thought regarding wether or not they should trade with him. In the future, I would want to work out a trade through a third party with Yvel.

User avatar
magic-belgium
Librarities Legend
Posts: 1932
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:19 am
Location: Belgium

Post by magic-belgium » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Honestly, I wouldn't like to be in his shoes at the moment.

This is the most reputable forum worldwide for collectors.

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:50 am

magic-belgium wrote:Sometimes French people are very stubborn,...
I am sad that you link that problem to people of only one country.

I am afraid the French do not qualify as a unique source for this type of behaviour. I am in Korea at the moment. I need not say more.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

User avatar
l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator
Posts: 1754
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:56 am
Location: PA
Contact:

Post by l0qii » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:17 am

mystical_tutor wrote:
magic-belgium wrote:Sometimes French people are very stubborn,...
I am sad that you link that problem to people of only one country.

I am afraid the French do not qualify as a unique source for this type of behaviour. I am in Korea at the moment. I need not say more.
Well technically he did not say ONLY French people are stubborn...

User avatar
mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:02 am
Location: Colorado Springs

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:47 am

l0qii wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:Well technically he did not say ONLY French people are stubborn...
Ah, good point. I can now see that he has allowed some room for the rest of us too.
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests