Summer pack

Everything else about trading. Specific Magiclibrarities Hero and Legends Permanent Lists and Legends External Links.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:03 pm

shaselai1 wrote:or is the pack transparent enough that you can kind nudge a card up to see the name and repeat the rest?
You got it.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:50 pm

Magic61983 wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
ende73 wrote:Hello, what's the first uncommon in the pack (i.e. the "scannable" card)? Thx
ende73
Hi Enrico
Looking at the Booster, I presume that you can ask for the Rare as well as you can clearly see that it has been searched.
This is in fact a Summer pack you can tell from the first card although it isn't easy. If the pack has been searched it wasn't by me or the previous owner which I know very well.
Actually I believe you didn't search the pack yourself (I always want to believe in people's good faith unless I can prove otherwise), but my question was serious since I could potentially take some interest in the pack personally...
That's why I asked about the Uncommon. Knowing you have counterspell rather than blue ward (or even juggernaut rather than tsunami, to make a less extreme example) could already affect the pack's value somewhat.
Please let us know, thx
ende73

PS - of course I agree with others that even if the pack wasn't searched recently it might have been in the past, but hell, we don't want to totally destroy the market for older packs, do we? :wink:

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:45 am

Enrico, I think that what you're asking for is fair. Nothing against Brian or the previous pack owner, but it always pays to ascertain that it is a summer pack before any trade, and knowledge of the first uncommon can be taken to be common knowledge. That said, I don't think summer packs fall within the same rules as many other other sets, alpha/beta included. The pool of collectors is so small, and most of us know each other, so much so that the seller's reputation counts for a lot more than what happens traditionally (ie the pack being searched). For that matter, I don't agree that the pack looks searched, as plenty of old packs have creases on them. The only way would be fingernail indents, I guess. That said, the pack is only going to grow in value if kept sealed in the future, as long as its past can be documented, and so is likely to be a good investment regardless.

@Hayden: =D> on the BoP. I need one badly :(