promo booster dotp

Everything else about trading. Specific Magiclibrarities Hero and Legends Permanent Lists and Legends External Links.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:53 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I would expect the price to drop down to the price of the mythical rares
Not sure about this ... in my opinion, in the next few weeks all promo boosters will be out of stock. The mythic will maybe drop, but sealed boosters will be always higher.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:31 pm

I paid my English boosters $80 on Ebay. The prices were quite high last week.

As we say in French, one that is yours, is better than 2 that you will get.

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:34 pm

I want to get those boosters, but I find them extremely expensive. I was going to give out the Spanish ones for 5€, which is more or less how much they costed me, but I'm now I just can't do it... I'll keep them for trading...

You know, the game cost less than 10$, how could this be worth more...?

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:01 pm

The German seller was not selling outside Germany. The prices were cheap in Germany, but he did not have Nocturnus. He got it later.

Then, he asked me for an offer. I offered 55 Euros shipping included for all 3.

I got no news from him. Then I offered 80 Euros, and the transaction happened.

Now he only has one set left. So whoever really want it, should take a decision.

There are quite many guys here on the forum who want all languages... I'm not sure all sellers in all countries will be able to supply all that...

CHaPuZaS

Post by CHaPuZaS » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:25 pm

I still think the price is unrealistic. The boosters are free with a game. I have access to a lot of those boosters in Spain, the same way that other stores in other countries must have, and the value for those is definitely not more than 10$ a booster. I just dont want to spend all my budget in revenues for other people...

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Post by Knutsen » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi guys,

I could offer a set of all 3 German promo boosters - feel free to pm me.

Greetings

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:03 pm

CHaPuZaS wrote:I still think the price is unrealistic. The boosters are free with a game. I have access to a lot of those boosters in Spain, the same way that other stores in other countries must have, and the value for those is definitely not more than 10$ a booster. I just dont want to spend all my budget in revenues for other people...
I agree with you, but it looks like many people want to collect them. I don't think the prices on Ebay are cheap.

The fact that WotC forbade sellers to resell them and supplied them in small quantities is another explanation for these prices.

As I said, I wanted to make sure I had them all, as I collect boosters in all languages. I couldn't take the risk not to have them.

I remember the factions booster boxes were hard to get in all available languages. And these were available in bigger quantities, and it was allowed to sell them.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:53 am

There are some available on Magic Card Market, only English but maybe more will appear, they are around the 10 Euro + price range.

I am finding that I am offered all three boosters and multiple sets so I think the ban on reselling is being ignored, or people are buying 3 copies of each game, which I think is unlikely.

Hopefully it will be like the Nalathni Dragon and WotC will get so many complaints by Magic players who were disadvantaged they will offer them in another way.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:40 am

I heard that if you goto WotC page for redeeming your code, you can enter any 8-character code (all letters, caps), and you'll get a printable voucher.

If this is true, I can see how some people are getting multiple packs of each platform, affording them the opportunity to flip them on ebay.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:52 am

berkumps wrote:I heard that if you goto WotC page for redeeming your code, you can enter any 8-character code (all letters, caps), and you'll get a printable voucher.

If this is true, I can see how some people are getting multiple packs of each platform, affording them the opportunity to flip them on ebay.
I did hear that on the MTG Salvation forum, in which case they should be giving them away!

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:00 am

berkumps wrote:I heard that if you goto WotC page for redeeming your code, you can enter any 8-character code (all letters, caps), and you'll get a printable voucher.

The way I am doing it is I am saving every paper printed out with the code and I write the person's name on it and they can only redeem 1 for each game. I do not care if 1 person brings in 7,655 different codes, they only get 1 booster pack. Jason

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:39 am

On MTG Salvation one of the kids was complaining that he brought in a code and they told him it wasn't enough proof.

He thinks he needs to get a confirmation email from WotC... http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=427048

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:20 am

Well.... I tried, and that work.

I posted 8 random characters, and I get the voucher to print.
But what do the shop with that code ?

Do you imagine, I go to my local shop I give the fake voucher, and then he try to scan or enter the code into a server or something), and it says "FAKE ONE" ... I can't imagine my face ....
:^o

CHaPuZaS

Post by CHaPuZaS » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:33 am

What I'm doing in my store is offering another product or rebuy of the booster for those coming with the code. Also, I published in my Facebook that I was paying 5€ for those giving me the code, just in case they want to buy the game for 5€. As of now, it's working. I think that's a good way to do it legally from a store owner position.

yvel
Librarities Legend

Post by yvel » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:59 am

But what you have to do with that code ?
you keep them or you have to post them online ?