Avery Heavy-Duty 5" EZD Ring Binders with 9-pocket pages

Everything else about trading. Specific Magiclibrarities Hero and Legends Permanent Lists and Legends External Links.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Avery Heavy-Duty 5" EZD Ring Binders with 9-pocket pages

Post by l0qii » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:41 pm

For those of you that store cards in binders, what kind of binders and pages do you use? For the last 20 years or so I've stored all my sets in Avery heavy duty 5-inch D-ring binders. The run about $25-30 online (more if you try to buy them in a local store), but I've found that they fit 100 9-pocket pages with 2 cards per page (double-sided) perfectly.

I like D-rings, because as you probably know regular O-ring binders can damage cards in the first few pages by pressing them too hard against to ring, so the D-rings solve that problem. Also the rings are connected to the back of the binder instead of the spine, which makes opening and closing it much easier. For pages I've always used Ultra Pro platinum like I assume everybody else has, but I also have a pile of PKK Ultimate pages, which seem to me to be identical in quality. Has anyone else used these?

Anyway, I've consolidated my collection a bit and now have 2 of these binders and 200+ pages available. If anyone want's them PM me an offer. I'm not looking for much.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Re: Avery Heavy-Duty 5" EZD Ring Binders with 9-pocket pages

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:05 am

I am trying to find sheet lifters for my albums.

Some come with the albums but I am having trouble getting them for my other albums, seems the four ring binders we have in Europe and Australia are not well catered for.

I am going back to boxes for storing my cards. I never flip through the albums anyway and they take up too much space.

BillBo
Legendary Land Lord

Post by BillBo » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:06 am

l0qii wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:41 pm
what kind of binders and pages do you use?
General purpose binders from SAFE:
https://www.safepub.com/sections/playin ... lue#tabs-1
They sport a rectangular 4-ring system (neither O-nor D-), sturdily mounted to the back, and with a snap-on mechanism that firmly attaches the front to the rings if closed:
The latter makes the entire binder stand upright w/o additional lateral support.
Ultra Pro platinum
Those or ProSelect (a European brand I don't know still exists) whose plastic has a nicer touch (I think).
GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:05 am
I am going back to boxes for storing my cards.
Yup, same here. SAFE binders for my actual collection (of land cards) to go through and look at, BCW card houses:
http://www.bcwsupplies.com/type/cardboa ... 00ct-boxes
for cards to play with:
I collect land cards, just that.
My want list: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... php?t=9128

cataclysm80
Librarities Legend

Post by cataclysm80 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:13 pm

I'm also using Ultra Pro Platinum 9 pocket pages, and Avery Heavy Duty D ring binders.
I like the 3 inch binders. They're less heavy than a 5 inch when they're full of cards, and I feel like the seams of the spine hold up better when the binder isn't as heavy.