Mail Brag!

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:56 pm

berkumps wrote:15 years looking through your massive collection trying to locate it? :-\'
Nope Mark, I was missing this one for my collection not so massive compared to some that I know :-\'
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:36 pm

dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:15 years looking through your massive collection trying to locate it? :-\'
Nope Mark, I was missing this one for my collection not so massive compared to some that I know :-\'
I love the thrill of finding something you didn't know you had, but always wanted. Even better is finding out you have two because of this.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:53 pm

berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
I love the thrill of finding something you didn't know you had, but always wanted. Even better is finding out you have two because of this.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mark, I didn't find it back in my home, I just received a package this morning :-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:32 pm

dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Mark, I didn't find it back in my home, I just received a package this morning :-D
I know, I'm just sayin'.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:42 pm

berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
berkumps wrote:
dragsamou wrote:
I know, I'm just sayin'.
Now as a chapter of history is closed about Portal Second Age Demo Boosters, one thing remains, what's inside, Tip Card or Filler or else, and I'm not very keen to open one in regards of the time I spent finding it :)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:07 pm

dragsamou wrote:Now as a chapter of history is closed about Portal Second Age Demo Boosters, one thing remains, what's inside, Tip Card or Filler or else, and I'm not very keen to open one in regards of the time I spent finding it :)
Just ship it over to me and I will open it for you. :-D

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:49 am

Blood wrote:
dragsamou wrote:Now as a chapter of history is closed about Portal Second Age Demo Boosters, one thing remains, what's inside, Tip Card or Filler or else, and I'm not very keen to open one in regards of the time I spent finding it :)
Just ship it over to me and I will open it for you. :-D
Hi Jason

As long as you pay the Price$$$$$$, all fine with me that you opened it and let me know what's inside :-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

sib51
Librarities Legend

Post by sib51 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:44 pm

From Essen's Spiel :wink:

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Noooo! I want those demo packs! I wanna be there! ](*,)

sib51
Librarities Legend

Post by sib51 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:04 pm

CHaPuZaS wrote:Noooo! I want those demo packs! I wanna be there! ](*,)
Which ones do you need ? I have more than one .

PS: and the 4th ed starter is alternate edition (made in USA)

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Well, I don't post here often. Seems like the stuff people want to see needs to be worth thousands of dollars, and even then some people seem to be jaded. In any case I'm going to post this because I think it is really cool and because i want to thank those that made it happen for me:

The original post/observation is at: http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... ht=warthog

So thanks to berkumps for starting the ball rolling.
then he kept it rolling by sending me the 8 that he had.

Next enters Knutsen who finds and sends me the last card to complete the page.

This will become a "page of interest" on my collection web site.

The next one is the Skulking ghost.

I hope you enjoy these priceless pages....

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:44 pm

A second of my kind of mail brag;

When i first opened Mirage while in Korea I discovered the two versions of the ghost. Having no other languages to note and not really having an alternate art collection they got set aside with other items of interest.

berkumps awakened that find with a post:

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... king+ghost

And again Knutsen was kind enough to find one for me and complete the set:

Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:10 pm

Real cool Gary, could it be a Made in Belgium VS Made in The US story, for the 2 Versions of Skulking Ghost English? It will be interesting to find out, by opening the 2 different boosters, and getting a Skulking Ghost inside of them :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:56 pm

If I remember correctly, one of the ghosts came from a booster I bought at a Korean game store and the other came from a booster that came directly from the States.

Gary
Gary Adkison

berkumps

Post by berkumps » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:15 pm

dragsamou wrote:Real cool Gary, could it be a Made in Belgium VS Made in The US story, for the 2 Versions of Skulking Ghost English? It will be interesting to find out, by opening the 2 different boosters, and getting a Skulking Ghost inside of them :wink:
Yes, the two different English Skulking Ghosts are from either made in Belgium or made in US Mirage packs/decks. I've opened both types of decks myself, and pulled each from their respective packs. The differences on the foreign ghosts would then indicate which country they were printed in.