Sealing 9-pocket pages

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

simonl6714

Post by simonl6714 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:45 pm

l0qii wrote:I've never tried to seal the pages, but I've found that KMC Perfect Sized sleeves fix nicely into Ultra Pro pockets, and if you put the sleeve in upside down that's a near enough to sealed that I'm happy.
I do exactly the same, I use ultra pro silver page because they are thinner than others.
Prophecy foil sets collector 772/1144
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key= ... utput=html
Research any french, italian, chinese foil prophecy avatar and PY misprint and Artist proofs.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Looks like the product shown by Macone is THE perfect product, doesn't it ?

What do you think ?

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:20 pm

For me, the solution is in the binder itself

This is the best for dust, light, pollution and the cards don't fall out of the binder.

They are for WoW cards, but Ultra Pro could make the same kind of binder.

I have bought tons of them for my WoW collection. They are perfect.

effai
Legendary Mahamoti Djinn Collector

Post by effai » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:15 pm

it looks great ! do Magic cards fit in ? (ie, are Wow cards the same size ?)

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:54 pm

They are the same size. The pages used are Ultra Pro Silver 9 Pocket pages.

wizard1
Librarities Legend

Post by wizard1 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:57 am

Being a currency collector Id make 100% sure that your sleeves and pages are 100000000% PVC as well as SOLVENT FREE. Don't trust their word for it (I know Ultra Pro stuff all says PVC/Solvent Free) some how get it tested. Since you intend to entomb your collection you do not want any stuff from the plastic leeching and destroying your cards.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:46 pm

True.

But I would trust a US company like Ultra Pro to tell the truth.

The risk they would take would be too huge, and I think someone has already tested their pages before. If you had the idea to do it, loadsapeople thought about it too. Including probably competitors.

Seraph2k

Post by Seraph2k » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:44 pm

@magic-belgium
Where can I find these binders here in Europe? I tried to find them via google but failed due to the huge amount of hits from warcraft:( Or are there no shops in Europe which sell those amazing binders?

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:56 am

You could get them from wholesalers when they were unstocking them because they were so badly distributed, no one was selling them due to VERY bad distributed when released.

They were sold this summer (9,90 €uros) at French speaking newsagents along with a magazine. So maybe you could find some there.

I can look if my wholesaler still has some. I bought tons when they were on sale, but since I am collecting WoW TCG in all languages as well, I use a lot of them...

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:32 am

magic-belgium.

how many cards do those binders hold? any chance i can get them in US? right now for my collection i am using the 9 page portfolios and my trade binder is just a school 3 ring binder with some pages in it...

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:13 am

The leaflet says 30 double-filled 9 pocket pages.

I agree with this. That is 540 cards. If you have a big collection, you'll need a lot. But the binders look amazing on a shelf.

Those binders were only available in the US when they were released (made in the US), so I think you should find some in local stores. I could see one in mine when I played the pre-releases this week-end.

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:34 am

ok not sure if it will go through though but i ordered 3... 1 each for my dragons and angels collection and 1 for my main trade binder.... it just looks really compact even though it holds so much :). if i dont get them hope you can get them for me :) Are there other designs? i searched only found that

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Post by magic-belgium » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:13 am

There was only one design. It was released for the release of the first Raid Deck (Onyxia's Raid Deck, nothing equivalent for MTG).

They did not release anymore after that, though there have been many Raid Decks released in the meantime.

It is indeed compact.

I will gladly help you locate more (I'm actually already searching), if needed.

shaselai1
Librarities Hero

Post by shaselai1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:51 pm

http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/ccgsin.php?UniqueNo=1271

that's the place i found in stock.... my order is still being "human reviewed" ... only thing i can see that can stop this is they decide not to ship to US or charge like insane shipping...

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:19 am

shaselai1 wrote:... right now for my collection i am using the 9 page portfolios and my trade binder is just a school 3 ring binder with some pages in it...
If you should continue to use 3-ring binders I recommend the Ultra-Pro or equivalent "D" ring binders as they help a little bit to avoid ring grove disasters. With them I have used the booklets included in the Fat Packs. They also protect somewhat against ring groves. Though you have to turn them upside down to put them on the bottm two rings where damage is most likely to happen.

Gary