For those that requested it, I present...

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:56 pm

Awesome games room!

What's the story behind the ST:TNG pinball machine? Why is it so valuable/rare?

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:39 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:I threatened to have all my old Star Wars figures up in display cases in the house, she threatened to put them in the shed when they arrived in Australia, we have compromised, they are going to be put in the shed when they get to Australia. Man I would like a games room.
Aaaahhh, the secret to a good marriage... compromise. My wife and I compromise just like that every day #-o

As they say - if she isn't happy, nobody is happy. And I mean NOBODY.

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.

random
Librarities Legend

Post by random » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:35 pm

What's the story behind the ST:TNG pinball machine? Why is it so valuable/rare?
Pinball machines are exploding in value. STTNG is one of the best machines ever made and the top games are exploding even more in value. Literally, in the last 4 months some machines have doubled in value or close to it.
"Why?" I dunno-
People say that Mame has killed the arcade machine market (ala his Defender/Asteroids and my arcade room) but since the "pinball experience" cannot be Mame'd they're picking up steam.
Coincidentally STTNG was released the same year as MTG, 1993, and the collectors looking for the early-mid 90's stuff have entered their peak $$/collecting zone and it's driving up the values. That's my guess.
Stern is churning out good titles, Avengers/AC DC are the latest, but I don't think pinball is a growing hobby or anything.
Whatever the reason, pinball machines in $$ regions like mine have gone from already high, 3K or so on the STTNG, to $5500+ (for a nice machine) in like 4 months or something. And people are still looking and buying them.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:48 am

Wow great!

Especially the beer tap :wink: What comes out of your well?

- Patrick

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:36 pm

seems a little too tidy to be a collector's game room ;) but it's SICK! I'll have to visit sometime.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:15 pm

That room looks great! My brother in law also collects pinball and the like. Sadly I never get to Virginia to partake of his collection..;-(
He's just this guy, ya know?

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Really nice, Len.

Thanks much for sharing but I don't see a change making machine..

Gary