MTG liquidity project

Everything else about Magic.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

MTG liquidity project

Post by dry cereal » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:27 pm

This winter break, I will be working on a project to help make Very high end magic cards more liquid through an exclusive marketplace...plus some other stuff. If you are interested in being involved, or just providing your .02, please let me know via PM! I would be happy to have you involved!
Last edited by dry cereal on Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: MTG liquidity project

Post by dragsamou » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:35 pm

dry cereal wrote:This winter break, I will be working on a project to help make Very high end magic cards more liquid through an exclusive marketplace...plus some other stuff. If you are interested in being involved, or just providing your .02, please let me know! I would be happy to have you involved!
Hi Ben

More Liquid for a Dry Cereal... :-k I have to admit that a lil more precision will be helpful, cause I'm not sure what you talk about....
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dry cereal

Post by dry cereal » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:52 pm

My idea in short:

1. an objective grading house through image processing and hosts a page for each of the cards graded. The idea is to further differentiate truly pristine cards from one another including various printing qualities such as luster. The true analysis of the object can reduce the pressure on a subjective scalar value.

2. a third-party marketplace that man-in-the-middle markets your cards to remove risk from each side of the transaction.

By removing risk of transaction for high-price items, and by defining exactly what the buyer is expected to receive, cards will be easier to sell, which is good for people like me who have money tied up.

ouallada
Librarities Legend

Post by ouallada » Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:45 pm

I'm all for it.

dry cereal

Post by dry cereal » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:51 pm

It will be an exclusive marketplace. Please PM me if you are interested in getting updates.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Not a bad idea, I often see high end boosters for sale on eBay but you just know they are going to be well and truely searched. It would be nice to have someone not involved in the trade to be able to give a decent description of the condition.

I had a similar idea about boosters, how do you know that you are not buying a booster from a mapped and cherry picked box? You send a sealed box to a trusted third party, that third party then sells them from the box on your behalf, they aren't opening them for cards so they don't care what is in the booster. The buyer can rest assured that they stand a good chance of getting a rare card.

However living in Australia the postage costs of setting up such a service would be prohibitive.

I don't buy high end cards at the moment but I aim to have a set of the Power 9 one day, in investment quality. I would certainly be interested in buying boosters providing the middle man premium was not too excessive.