What other hobbies do you have?

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

What other hobbies do you have?

Post by fvzappa » Thu May 29, 2008 7:00 am

Okay, so I looked for this topic because I thought it already existed, but came up empty-handed. Anyhow, we have new forum members, so let's start anew:

What other hobbies do you have? Magic can't fill all of your free time, so what do you do??

I myself collect music & music memorabilia. I own about 2,000 records & CD's. I also own several autographs, paintings, & personal items of some major rock stars, including Frank Zappa.

I also collect Converse/ Chuck Taylor high tops. Yes, that's right, shoes. I have nearly 50 different pairs... I'll hit 50 here soon I'm sure.

And lastly, I play a lot of card games (you know, with a NORMAL deck of cards). I'm into math & statistics, this helps me be a great poker player.

So, how about you??

equi-nox76
Legendary Blue Spell Blaster

Hobbies

Post by equi-nox76 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:53 am

So many hobbies, don't know where to start.

Chris1:
I collect Comics (only Marvel, DC, No. 1's and signed), MP3's and Uncut DVD's (only Special Editions, Limited Editions, Boxes, Steelbooks, ...).
Also I'm an Audi-& Tuning-Fan (yesterday I got my new KW Chassis :-P ). I'm a passionated graphic artist and to fill up the rest of my spare time I play many games (other than Magic: like Risk, Cluedo, ...) with friends or Footmen Frenzy online (if anyone knows this send a pm) and of course every week-end party with Christina :dance:
Also I'm a SV Werder Bremen fan and for the next weeks Soccer will become my primary hobby :-D

Chris2:
Out of Magic (misprints are my favorites) I collect… no not Barbies Marco LOL :-D … Disney DVD’s (still searching for Disneys Ariel in German language with the voice of Ute Lemper) and of course shoes, jeans, shirts, sweaters, T-shirts, …………….. :wink:
I like to dance very much (Salsa) and go to the gym 3 times a week (like C1 too).
Also jogging, MTB, shopping…
Does watching Friends, Heroes and Germany’s next Top Model (I mean the series) count to hobbies?? :-k
I’m a graphic artist too, just trying to make some nice alteration cards :-P :-P

Chris & Chris

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Thu May 29, 2008 2:47 pm

First Hobby since I was 5
Video games. I've been playing video games since 5 years old and have pretty much most of the consoles since NES. Lately I havent played as much as I used to but I still enjoy playing video games

Manga (japanese comic)
Also something I've been collecting since I was 5 years old. Now I just don't have enough space in my room to store them.

Computer
I like to build computers and upgrade and play PC games. I don't play as much as video games but most pc games that was popular I played. Counter Strike, Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft. Though I put more effort into building computers. I prolly have enough pc parts to build 10 desktops......

Plastic models
I used to build a lot of Cars, tanks, Gundam (anime robot). But lately I havent done any of these.

magicdude

Post by magicdude » Thu May 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Genealogical research (all ancestors of my children).
Play by Mail Football (called 'soccer' by the geographically challenged!)

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Thu May 29, 2008 8:31 pm

Oh wow I like everyone's hobbies.

I forgot, I also collect Atari 2600 games (and play them). I have nearly every game created for this console. My specialty is Pitfall & Jr. Pac-Man.

tetsuo42
Librarities Hero

Post by tetsuo42 » Thu May 29, 2008 8:40 pm

I've started collecting Non-Sports cards - more specifically cards from the Firefly (tv) and Serenity (movie) sets.

And I collect football and baseball cards. For football, I'm just collecting two players from the Jacksonville Jaguars - Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew (both running backs). For baseball, I am just collecting cards from one player - home run legend Harmon Killebrew.

Non-sports is fun because you can focus on specifc television shows or movies. Sports is fun becuase of the variety of cards to choose from. The large variety of cards is also the downside to sports card collecting. It's a mixed bag.

Jeppe
Librarities Legend

Post by Jeppe » Thu May 29, 2008 8:58 pm

My other hobbies includes videogames (love my SNES!), photography and working out (mainly because it's badly needed :-P) Fvzappa, I still play on my Atari 2600 Jr. from time to time =)

Also, I have a small collection of Chernobyl memorabilia due to an interest in nuclear science (I plan to study nuclear science starting this fall) and a fascination for abandoned, ruined places - I would love to go photographing in the Zone =)

Magic is still my largest hobby, though.
My cat collection and my Scathe Zombies collection
Do you have cards that I'm looking for? Let me know!

heartagram420
Librarities Hero

Post by heartagram420 » Thu May 29, 2008 9:27 pm

1 - play the drums
2 - playing rockband (videogame on xbox 360) last time i checked, i'm ranked 33rd on expert drums career on xbox live gamertag ALEXonfire420)
3 - playing cartridge video games (my best time on mario 3 is 15 minutes and change
4 - bowling (high game 279, high series 742)
5 - billiards (8-ball BCA rules)
6 - watching baseball (milwaukee brewers)
7 - just started dealing blackjack
8 - guitar hero (videogame on ps2 i've won several tourneys, the latest won me a nintendo wii, and a bunch of other stuff)
there's probably some more stuff, but i can't think anymore
looking to buy some japanese cards? check out my MOTL sale list (huge eternal collection)

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Sat May 31, 2008 3:39 am

Baseball cards and inserts. I have a pretty extensive collection going back to the 1950's, but I'm starting to sell it off

Music. I have about 4,000 LPs and ~ 500 CDs and musical DVDs. Still filling in holes, but not as often.

Vintage Audio Equipment. This consumes a big part of my free time, finding tons of classic gear going back to the 1940's and refurbishing it. I've really gotten into tube gear lately, and have a number of refurbshment projects for the entire summer. I'm hoping this hobby can become a little side business in the future.

basvanderwerff

Post by basvanderwerff » Sat May 31, 2008 1:27 pm

I have got a lot of other hobbies but the biggest are:

Playing RPG (turn based) mainly on the SNES.
Collecting LEGO (yes i know :-D)
Building custom computers (for myself)
Playing pool.
Playing bowling.
Playing netbal (just quit it)

And collecting lots of other useless stuff :-D

psrex
Librarities Legend

Post by psrex » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:43 am

I keep going in different phases with my hobbies. Magic has been pretty much the one constant (at least since 1994). The other hobbies that I've stuck with the most are origami, juggling and chess.

Spectral_bears
Librarities Hero

Post by Spectral_bears » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:32 pm

Lets see, outside of Magic...

- I build computers a lot. I just got done upgrading my Home Theatre PC to be able to play Blu-Ray. I'm constantly tinkering on my other computers too (I have 10). Most are older that I keep around for nostalgia's sake.

- I paint. Mostly architectural watercolors; sections, elevations and such. I have a good freind who is in real estate and has me do quick paintings of houses for her that she then gives to the buyer whenever she sells a house. I also paint fish. My dad is a big fisherman and likes having pictures of fish around.

- I also collect vintage Art Deco posters. I only have a few of these because they can be quite pricey. I also have collections of modern releif printing style event posters done by an artist out of Hale County Alabama named Amos Kennedy. I have about 50 of his peices.

- Then comes my car. I have a 2006 VW Passat that I am working on. It has an APR chip and exhaust and I am eagerly awaiting their Stage III turbo upgrade. After that it will be a modest lowering and so drivetrain upgrades and it should be set.

That about does it for me. My wife is also active in those hobbies as well as she likes to build furniture. She built an outdoor table for 8 people and a grill stand last weekend while we were visiting her family at the beach.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 pm

then fvzappa maby this is something for you: :-k

fvzappa

Post by fvzappa » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:27 am

Oh my!! What type of shoe is that!?! If it's Converse, I want it!

.... and on a similar note, I hit 50 pairs. Got a gold pair with diamonds on them. Punky Brewster would be jealous.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:37 am

I dont know anything about shoe types, some kind of cheap dressy ones.
Found them while in Sapporo this spring.