Is there any demand for older CCGs??

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Mirror_Lich
Legendary Silent Forum Stalker

Is there any demand for older CCGs??

Post by Mirror_Lich » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:57 am

Does anyone (aside from Mark :) ) have any info/ interest / hate for any of the following games? Some expansions are evidently quite rare, but other than the 'Bay how can one determine a price for sealed or singles??
Do you need singles to finish your sets? Lmk, maybe I can help. Thanks for any info!

Jyhad
vampire tes
guardians
doomtrooper
doomtown
mythos
rage
middle earth
on the edge
wheel of time
dune
a v p
battletech
shadowrun
shadowfist
warlord
warlords
highlander
legend of burning sands
lo5r
etc

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:50 am

Wish there were some Netrunner in that list..;-)
He's just this guy, ya know?

suessewuchtbrumme
Librarities Member

Post by suessewuchtbrumme » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:32 pm

I played:

Middle Earth [no cards bought, just got some from friends - it was a nice game without expansions]
Battletech [bought 2 starters only - sold everything]
Shadowrun [still collecting - looking for: Brandenburger Tor, Adam Bomb, got some spares]
Netrunner [bought 4 starters, still in the opened box ^^]

if someone has some Shadowrun CCG cards I might be interested...

wizard1
Librarities Legend

Post by wizard1 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:48 pm

There are still pockets of LO5R in my area

Default User
Librarities Hero

Other TCC's

Post by Default User » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:53 pm

Jyhad cards used to sell very well, untill some were reprinted 5-6 years ago. You are still (?) allowed to play them with the newer Vampire TCC, so I'd imagine that you can find players.

Lo5R should also sell pretty well, but I don't have any ideas if there are still some chase cards or would bulk be easier. The game turned into Legend of the Burning Sands, which is also discontinued nowadays.

At least all games in your list are better than Redemption CCG. Some years back a local importer cleaned out his old sample stock by giving boosters out for free and couldn't get rid of all their stock of four boxes. At least the soul tokens were semi-usefull for MtG also... On the happy note they never ordered the expansion. Giving those out would have propably gotten them sued.

With a slight exaggaration the idea of the expansion was "Women of the Bible" with no rare cards, as the bible tells that the role of females is to serve the men.
Global old art Lightning Bolt collector, mainly missing fwb and Summer.

aleksandr
Librarities Legend

Post by aleksandr » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:25 am

L5R (Legend of the Five Rings) is still in print and going strong. It just celebrated its 15th anniversary with the printing of Celestial Edition, marking it the 2nd oldest CCG in existence (behind Magic of course).

There are still players out there and AEG must make enough in sales to warrant its continued printing. Someone just got me into the game, so I've been doing some reading about it lately.

Mister Foilcard
Librarities Legend

Post by Mister Foilcard » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:16 am

- I'm looking for most of the promo cards of "Hyborian Gates".
- I'm looking for a complete set of English "Star Quest - The Regency Wars". I can offer some German cards from that Game.
- I'm looking for Promo and Chase cards of "Blood Wars". I can offer tons of cards from that Game.
- I'm looking for some cards and complete sets of Middle Earth (METW, MELE, MEAS, ...). And I have tons for trading...

JohnKilby

Re: Is there any demand for older CCGs??

Post by JohnKilby » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:12 am

Hiya, great topic!

I played Magic, briefly tried Netrunner and INWO (loved the cards, less so the game), and then collected BloodWars and Mythos.

I recently unearthed in my attic **complete** sets of:
- Illuminati New World Order (INWO) Unlimited base set
- Blood Wars base set
- Blood Wars: Escalation 1 - Rebels and Reinforcements (incl. LADY OF PAIN and promo GUARDIAN MOLYDEUS)
- Blood Wars: Escalation 2 - Factols and Factions (incl. KEY OF PAIN)
- Blood Wars: Escalation 3 - Powers and Proxies (incl. THE FLOATING GODS)
- Mythos base set (incl. all 9 investigators)
- Mythos standard set (incl. both investigators)
- Mythos: Cthulhu Rising
- Mythos: Expeditions of the Miskatonic
- Mythos: Legends of the Necronomicon
- Mythos: Dreamlands (incl. all 5 investigators)
- Mythos: New Aeon (4 investigators, one missing!)

If anyone can help, I only need the double sided investigator card from Mythos: New Aeon:
- Trigger-Happy Mercenary/Sardonic Serpentman

I have plenty to trade, and might be able to help folk with completing sets!

Thanks, John

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:46 pm

The 2 CCGs I spent any time playing other than Magic were Spellfire and Ani-Mayhem, but I have since sold off both.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:48 am

Magic was so good I thought all card games would be just as good.

As soon as a new one came out I would buy a couple of decks to play with. My friends just kept buying Magic with the viewpoint that every pound spent on a game that wasn't Magic was a pound wasted.

So I tried
Aliens vs Preditor vs Marines
Tomb Raider
Ultimate Combat
Netrunner
X-Files
Spellfire
Bloodwars
Hyborian Gates
Star Wars (from the £ shop)
Star Trek
Jihad
Wyvern
Dark Lands
Redemption
Xenophile
Illuminati NWO
Xena
Hercules
Rage
That ship game with the models
etc. etc.

I mostly just bought a single booster pack to open and see if I liked the artwork but some only got sold as starters in my area.

The only ones I really got into were ...

X-Files (and I still appear to have sealed boxes of Starters and the first expansion along with a long box full of opened boosters. I don't think I ever got Mulder or Scully.

Ultimate Combat which was a direct clone of MTG but with a martial arts theme, favourite card "Bad Sushi". I must have bought a lot of that, I think it tanked pretty quickly so I got a whole box for next to nothing, we played it once and realised it was a weak game of Magic and for some reason I decided the best thing to do was store it for over ten years, pay to have it shipped to Australia and store it for another ten years. Just found the box the other day when I was going through the cupboard. Looked at it, shook my head and decided the best thing to do was put it back in the cupboard.

We played Xenophile quite a bit was well, that was a fun game, I have a deck of cards and some extras, lots of Magic Artists submitted art for that I think, I recognised some of the styles.

Netrunner was a good game but I gave my cards away to a friend who was really into it.

Jihad I never really got into so gave my cards to another friend.

Wyvern was just rubbish and to make it even worse all my wyvern cards had fallen empires on the fronts so I had to throw them all away. But it really was a terrible looking game, I think we got as far as reading the rules and watching a couple of people demo it in the game shop before I bought a pack out of pity.

Xena and Hercules were part of a card game system that allowed you to swap cards between games as they were all compatible. but sadly quite dull as well.

Illuminati New World Order was a fun game as i had read the Illuminatus Trilogy, still have no idea what was going on in those books but I became a Discordian anyway.

I should really get rid of most of that stuff but no idea how much it is worth, according to eBay, not much at all. I think I got rid of most of the opened boosters but I did find some sealed boosters a while back, I think I put them aside in case the game ever got really popular and I could sell them and retire on the profits.

I really wasted a lot of money.

Knutsen
Legendary Old Card Frame Enthusiast

Post by Knutsen » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:23 am

XXXenophile \:D/ ...

... still have some double cards.

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:36 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Wyvern was just rubbish and to make it even worse all my wyvern cards had fallen empires on the fronts so I had to throw them all away.
:-P :-P :-P

Oh yeah, and I also played Xxxenophile, but I never really collected it like the other games. Similarly I went to one Rage event, bought a pile of cards, and then never touched it again.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:52 am

The other games never had the back up like Magic did, there were no magazines dedicated to them, you couldn't get singles, the local games club didn't run tournaments or anything like that. Just getting a set list was difficult for most of the other games. I occasionally get the idea to go back over the older games and play them again for nostalgia purposes but they were never that good in the first place!

l0qii

Post by l0qii » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:37 pm

FWIW, L5R is still around. I think the final set is either coming out soon or just did? I never played it, but apparently enough people have over the years to keep it alive.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:19 am

X-Files...I have a binder of those, probably not complete, it was so hard to get some cards, especially the Ultra Rares if I do remember correctly, but I was a huge X Files collector back then, I have an X files collection of memorabilia hidden somewhere. Of course, I never played the CCG game.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.