Non-MTG Mail Brag

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 am

Len, I knew you were cool but I never guessed you were this much on the ball.......

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

tap4black
Legendary Alpha Collector

Post by tap4black » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:27 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Len, I knew you were cool but I never guessed you were this much on the ball.......

Gary
Well there is your problem Gary!

You actually want to have your hand behind the ball instead of on the ball at release. Doing that enables you to impart more rotation at the time of release which greatly improves your pin carry.

It's a simple technique to show you and I'm sure we can work a deal for the lessons. :-D

Len
#2 All Time Finest PSA Alpha Set, GPA of 9.64, now retired and re-graded via Beckett. BGS GPA 9.40 after shipping off several pieces to JM!

Current Alpha Rare count = 1500+!

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:06 am

Len, when I was young, koff koff, I worked as a pin setter in a bowling ally. You know there are people that actually tried to hit us? Tried the game (my dad loved it and was good at it) but never got the hang of it. Now, I'm not sure I could get the ball all the way down the ally.....

Gary
tap4black wrote:
mystical_tutor wrote:Len, I knew you were cool but I never guessed you were this much on the ball.......

Gary
Well there is your problem Gary!

You actually want to have your hand behind the ball instead of on the ball at release. Doing that enables you to impart more rotation at the time of release which greatly improves your pin carry.

It's a simple technique to show you and I'm sure we can work a deal for the lessons. :-D

Len
Gary Adkison

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

implode
Legendary Dragon Master Collector

Post by implode » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:47 pm

Signed by Ben Kingsly :)

TerraFrost
Legendary Creature For Hire

Post by TerraFrost » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:37 pm

It's 6ft tall and 4ft wide.

I collect coins / currency, too, and although that collection is impressive as a whole I don't think any of the individual coins are that impressive. This poster otoh... it'd be a rare poster even if it wasn't signed!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:57 pm

TerraFrost wrote:Image
It's 6ft tall and 4ft wide.

I collect coins / currency, too, and although that collection is impressive as a whole I don't think any of the individual coins are that impressive. This poster otoh... it'd be a rare poster even if it wasn't signed!
Cool Poster, didn't know that you were collecting coins, I used too, but I still have a bunch of extras, sealed for a lot of them :)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:56 am

It's a good time to collect coins at the moment, prices of gold and silver have dropped so I have been adding a few more to the collection, not going crazy though.

2012 was the year of the Dragon so I bought way too many Dragon themed coins back then, fortunately snakes and horses are not nearly as cool so I have saved a bit of money more recently.

mystical_tutor

Post by mystical_tutor » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Well there are a lot of good things in the association of Magic Collectors. This one turned out to be REALLY GOOD!!!

Was looking at Tap4Black's picture of all those "10s" and noticed I could scroll other pictures (photobucket??). There was one of salmon fishing from a boat--I assumed Puget Sound. So I asked. One thing lead to another until, in the mail, some slices of heaven arrived.

Had a little problem getting around to taking the picture--got distracted eating home smoked salmon.

Big thanks Len.... And if any of you want a fishing tour for a modest fee just drop Len a line.... well a line so to speak, no hooks please.

Image.
Gary Adkison

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:37 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Well there are a lot of good things in the association of Magic Collectors. This one turned out to be REALLY GOOD!!!

Was looking at Tap4Black's picture of all those "10s" and noticed I could scroll other pictures (photobucket??). There was one of salmon fishing from a boat--I assumed Puget Sound. So I asked. One thing lead to another until, in the mail, some slices of heaven arrived.

Had a little problem getting around to taking the picture--got distracted eating home smoked salmon.

Big thanks Len.... And if any of you want a fishing tour for a modest fee just drop Len a line.... well a line so to speak, no hooks please.

Image.
The Salmon probably gets killed with a Lüger , don't swallow the bullet Gary :-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Blood
Librarities Hero

Post by Blood » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:39 pm

mystical_tutor wrote:Well there are a lot of good things in the association of Magic Collectors. This one turned out to be REALLY GOOD!!!

This is an awesome post and a great reason to be apart of this community!

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot
Legendary Lost Ace of Atlantis

Post by Alien_Starfighter_Pilot » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:10 pm

Some non-MTG sealed stuff that went home (stateside) instead of to Japan. I'll be opening one of the Shadowfist boxes, but the rest might stay sealed until I get my non-MTG stuff still stored in FL.

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:00 pm

Alien_Starfighter_Pilot wrote:Some non-MTG sealed stuff that went home (stateside) instead of to Japan. I'll be opening one of the Shadowfist boxes, but the rest might stay sealed until I get my non-MTG stuff still stored in FL.
When you do open them, we need to talk :p

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:40 am

Thought I'd share a portion of my card game collection, these pictures mostly representing the deckbuilding game and living card game section. Some are "mail" brag, some are "drive to your LGS and purchase" brag. Almost all of them are still sealed, but that is not the intent of them, I just haven't gotten around to opening them to scan the contents for the website I'll never build. And yes, they take up alot of room, the grief from which is endless!

DOMINION!

DECKBUILDING GAMES

LIVING CARD GAMES

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:56 am

It will take you so long to get around to opening them they will have become ultra rare as sealed products and then you won't be able to afford to open them at all!

I started looking at collecting some other games but every dollar spent on another game is a dollar that MtG misses out on and I need every dollar for MtG as it is.

I did like that pirate ship building game to collect but I missed out on some of the boosters so it is a pretty poor attempt at a collection.

Yours is awesome, come the end of the world I am heading over to your place to spend it opening boxes and reading rule books.

thulnanth
Librarities Legend

Post by thulnanth » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:19 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:Yours is awesome, come the end of the world I am heading over to your place to spend it opening boxes and reading rule books.
LOL - that's what I love about this place... only fellow nerds would think something like that was the best way to ride out the apocalypse!!

Since you're in Australia, maybe you can get Mel to drop by after he runs out of gas. :-P

Take it easy,
Jared
Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.