4 row binder?

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Magic61983
Librarities Legend

4 row binder?

Post by Magic61983 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:55 pm

Has anyone seen or used these before?

http://www.shop-021.de/shop2/index.php? ... 7&skat=214
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61

berkumps
Legendary AA Coffin Puppet Master

Post by berkumps » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:34 am

Holy cow! It's about time something like this came around. For the longest time I was struggling how I could present my global sets (sometimes containing 11 different cards). Now I can shove them all on the same page!

I'ma get me a couple of these me thinks!

Thanks for the link.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:36 am

Until they add a few more languages of course!

http://www.shop-021.de/shop_cfg/GamesIs ... ture_2.JPG

They do look nice and it is good to see some people taking chances and providing new products.

Now all I need is a 16 pocket page binder which will fit boosters, an ultra pro two piece deck box that will fit an entire sealed booster box and a slab that will fit boosters without folding the flap over.

Actually I just bought enough of the booster sized 6 pocket pages to last a few more years of expansions.

I think that bigger pages = more cards/boosters per page = more weight per page = more sagging = more chance of creasing the cards.

If they have used a thicker stock, which it looks like they have, they may be able to minimise this.

It also looks like the binder cannot have more pages added or taken out and it doesn't look like you will be able to see the backs of the cards unless you remove them. Plus they don't match my existing albums.

I think it is a really nice start but I think it will need a few tweaks before I would go all out and replace my existing binders and pages.

480 slots though, should be able to get a whole expansion in each book, a bit left over for Fallen Empires though.

I would like to know a bit more about the materials used though, are they archival quality, are they using PVC with softeners? Acid free etc?

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:52 am

Forgot to say thank you for posting the link, much appreciated!

No idea how to make the picture any smaller so apologies for that.

I wonder how popular they would be and whether in fact they do "...suit the needs of players and collectors at the same time."

I know what I would be looking for in something like this and there is a good chance they did a lot of market research before they came up with the design. I wasn't included in any of the market research but it may have been brought up on other forums.

It is better than what I am currently using but I am not sure it is the final evolution of the product and I have been burned too many times as an early adopter.

I would like to see the community design and manufacture their own products to their own specifications. With the advent of Kickstarter and other crowd funding platforms you can now gauge interest and raise funds at the same time and with the money people spend on MtG products I can safety say they are committed to the hobby and prepared to pay serious amounts of money for quality products.

Not just pocket pages but there are enough people here who collect sealed boxes that we could probably get a run of 1000
of these made up to fit the sealed boxes for a decent price, mind you, I only need 5 or 6 at the moment but it would solve my storage problems. At the moment I don't have a box big enough to fit them exactly, so I have to get a box that is bigger, thus wasting space, or I stack them without the boxes and risk further damage to the plastic wrap or the corners or even have them collapsing under the weight.

I certainly welcome these new products but I don't think we need to wait for some company to produce them for us, we have plenty of ideas, we can probably get hold of the funding and with the internet it isn't hard to find a manufacturer or a market for them. Plus if we have time to post on forums we have time to brain storm products to solve the problems... I might start a new thread so as not to hijack this one...

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:17 am

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote: No idea how to make the picture any smaller so apologies for that.
Hi Mark

By using a program to edit and resize pic like Photobucket, etc... I think, it's time to add a tutorial about it on the forum. In between, I have reduce your pic and left the link so you can still see the image in huge with the zoom function just by clicking on it.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:14 am

Cheers for that!

I should probably learn how to do that.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:29 pm

Hay Thanks for the keen eye and the link.

This grabs my interest for two reasons, There is enough room for even the first expansion of a block plus tokens in one binder.

NO RINGS.

I too will be getting some of these, maybe a bunch of them.

Gary

Edit: Ooops, didn't realize they are in the old country. That will be a bit for shipping for sure, Too late for Essen this year, so maybe need to find someone going next year (or go myself--this should be a good excuse... LOL).
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:27 am

Thanks for the link.

Is someone who had finally bought this binder ?

It is extremely tempting for me to move on, but... I'm a bit afraid about the pages. Are they enough rigid ? Because with the full 24 slots, they must be heavy and perhaps bending on their own weight in a loosy way ?

However the picture seems reassuring a bit...
Visit the Shores of Imagination

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:43 pm

Alifromcairo wrote:I'm a bit afraid about the pages. Are they enough rigid ? Because with the full 24 slots, they must be heavy and perhaps bending on their own weight in a loosy way ?
Good point but I am really tired of the 3-ring card creasers and would like to find a good alternative.

I am about to have custom shelves built for the collection and these would need a deeper cabinet.

Guess I should buy one just to try it.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Alifromcairo

Post by Alifromcairo » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:33 pm

Good point but I am really tired of the 3-ring card creasers and would like to find a good alternative.
I totally agree. I'm going to buy one and let you know.
The 180 slots Ultra pro portfolios are classy (and no rings) but it is not enough for a whole collection.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:37 am

Alifromcairo wrote:
I totally agree. I'm going to buy one and let you know.
The 180 slots Ultra pro portfolios are classy (and no rings) but it is not enough for a whole collection.
Are you going to put them on the shelve upright or lying down?

If I was going to have them standing up I would want a slip case or at the very least a way of keeping the album shut when it is standing up. That will go a long way towards preventing the pages from sagging

Alifromcairo

Post by Alifromcairo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:19 am

Are you going to put them on the shelve upright or lying down?

If I was going to have them standing up I would want a slip case or at the very least a way of keeping the album shut when it is standing up. That will go a long way towards preventing the pages from sagging
That's true. I always store my binders upright and if possible clamped to each other side by side. This product would have been better with some soft box with a zipper for exemple... which is also much less class ! 8-[ But we are never satisfied ! :-P

Alifromcairo

Post by Alifromcairo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:32 pm

Sorry, it tooks some time for me to take care of it, I was busy at work. #-o
So I asked them for that :

"Gutten tag,

I'm interested to buy this product : "FOUR - the playset binder" The shipping cost is 9.99€ DHL but some line at the bottom indicates that the "minimum order value" is 29.90. So should I understand that you're not willing to ship in France for an order of only 25 € ? Thank you for your answer ! Sylvain"

I will keep you informed of their response for those that would be interested.

Alifromcairo

Post by Alifromcairo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:35 am

So here it is :

Hello Sylvain,

Thank you for the message. It doesn't have to do anything with France.
Our general minimum order value is 29,90 Euro, to any country.

Best regards,

Hannes

So 40€ is too much for me for a binder, even with 4 slots, so I give up.

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:57 am

It's too expensive, yes.

On MKM you may buy it w/o min. order value :wink: