4 row binder?

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:48 pm

Hello!

I bought a pair of them earlier this year.

They are good, but the price is absurdly high. I tried to get them for my store, but the enormous quantities that they asked for us to buy, disengaged us for the project. Also, as a store the fact that they promote an italian market place web in the ront of the binder, was just over the edge.

The quality is nice, as I said, I like both the pages and the fact that on top of every card place there is an extra plastic line to cover the card.

I am now at work, will try to show you some images as I arrive home.

PS: Forgot to say, I might get a discount price if we order a lot of them, if you are interested, post how many of them you might be interested in, and I can try to figure out something.

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:09 pm

Alifromcairo wrote:So 40€ is too much for me for a binder, even with 4 slots, so I give up.
That is a bit much... Think I'll stick to what I have here at home.

Thanks for the research.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

Alifromcairo
Legendary All Alpha Elitist Wannabe

Post by Alifromcairo » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Thank you for these information CHaP !
Also, as a store the fact that they promote an italian market place web in the ront of the binder, was just over the edge.
If true, it is particularly conflicting :-D
As a shop, if you're planning to order a lot of them, you may ask the manufacturer to write your store name instead on the front :wink:
Visit the Shores of Imagination

Ertai's Familiar
Librarities Legend

Post by Ertai's Familiar » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:48 pm

Ugh. Want.
squt: Sweet! That's the best trade - one that doesn't cost a thing.

pickle.69: NO DRINK ON THE FUCKING TABLE

CHaPuZaS
Legendary Spanish Trash Hoarder

Post by CHaPuZaS » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:25 pm

Alifromcairo wrote:Thank you for these information CHaP !
Also, as a store the fact that they promote an italian market place web in the ront of the binder, was just over the edge.
If true, it is particularly conflicting :-D
As a shop, if you're planning to order a lot of them, you may ask the manufacturer to write your store name instead on the front :wink:
Not that lucky, I already tried, they said that DeckTutor is its brand, and they refused to remove it.

markers
Legendary Signed Card collector

Post by markers » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:35 pm

I bought one and got it today.

I wanted to add my signed Alpha set...

Not a good idea 8-|

Double sleeved cards cannot be added without the risk of card bending or wrecking the binder. Plus the cards on the inner side of the binder looked like they bent without me doing anything.

I had to stop and resleeved everything (restored the old order).

I will add another signed set (one I don't double sleeve).

I like the design. It saves space and the pages look gorgeous but a tiny bit more room for the cards would have been nice.
Signed card collector

Alpha - AL, ST, EX, UD, REV, UNL, LO & MO: 100% signed
Grand Total signed cards: >43'000

I have a Youtube Channel

Neuron
Legendary Print Variant Explorer

Post by Neuron » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:42 pm

I would like to see clear 12 pocket pages for ring binders (and the fitting binders).

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:23 am

Neuron wrote:I would like to see clear 12 pocket pages for ring binders (and the fitting binders).
Get a kickstarter going!

I know of a group over here who were dissatisfied with the quality of coin pages available in Australia so now they have them manufactured to their own specifications, PVC free, archival, etc. etc.

There is usually a minimum order but I am sure more people in the USA and Europe collect MtG than there are coin collectors in Australia. At least with a KickStarter project you get to see how much interest in the idea there is, you probably won't get rich but at least you will get what you want for your collections, ring-binder pages, large enough to fit double sleeved cards, not branded with another company's logo, 11 holes to fit 2,3 and 4 ring binders, binders with slip cases etc.

Neuron

Post by Neuron » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:24 pm

Interesting, I wasn't aware of kickstarter. That time I'm too busy for such a project, but maybe in the future.

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:43 am

Neuron wrote:Interesting, I wasn't aware of kickstarter. That time I'm too busy for such a project, but maybe in the future.
I have been on kickstarter for a while now and backed a few worthy projects, and some not so worthy!

If Australia had more of a manufacturing base and less of a gouging postal service it would be great to set a few up but as most of the production and customers are gong to be overseas I have to keep reminding myself that like everything else connected to MtG, it is going to get expensive.

And the time of course!

Still, if it was community designed and produced, the money would go back to the community, might pay for a few webpages and prizes etc.

markers
Legendary Signed Card collector

Post by markers » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:58 pm

I put my signed The Dark set in the binder now. I am happy with the result.

Sleeved cards (Ultra-pro premiums) fit.

Here are some pictures:

and here is a link to the whole thing:

http://imgur.com/a/cSb5n

I might buy one or two 2.0-Versions (they are side loaded with more space to hold double sleeved cards).
Last edited by markers on Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed card collector

Alpha - AL, ST, EX, UD, REV, UNL, LO & MO: 100% signed
Grand Total signed cards: >43'000

I have a Youtube Channel

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:03 pm

I really wish that Members don't add pics over 1000 Width, maybe I should add that as a Rule...As, I really don't have time to resize pics.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Neuron

Post by Neuron » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:39 pm

GlobalBoosterHunter wrote:
Neuron wrote:Interesting, I wasn't aware of kickstarter. That time I'm too busy for such a project, but maybe in the future.
I have been on kickstarter for a while now and backed a few worthy projects, and some not so worthy!

If Australia had more of a manufacturing base and less of a gouging postal service it would be great to set a few up but as most of the production and customers are gong to be overseas I have to keep reminding myself that like everything else connected to MtG, it is going to get expensive.

And the time of course!

Still, if it was community designed and produced, the money would go back to the community, might pay for a few webpages and prizes etc.
Well, one should start polls in different forums, if there is any need. I think Baseball cards and some other CCG's have the same size as Magic cards, so they must also be considered as potential customers.

The product is ready in my head:

Pages: Not much to say, resp. see below.

Anti-crease tech:

Prevent creases by the first pages slipping back over the rings:
Stoppers. Each standard document binder has them, I don't understand why the established brands haven't introduced them yet.

Prevent creases by handling: This occurs when many pages are tried to be turned over at once.

Two suggestions:

a) at the pages: rigid or semi rigid backup of the inserting part. Could be either fabricated like this or as loose battens to glue on.

b) in the binder: Embedding of ball bearings or just movable beads in the rings. Sounds expensive, but if the rings would be produced of a polymer compound instead of metal, this could be done in one step by injection moulding.

Now the business men for realizing that!

GlobalBoosterHunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:09 am

Google 'Sheet lifters'.

You can buy them separately (unless you have 4-ring binders apparently).

Magic61983
Librarities Legend

Post by Magic61983 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:33 pm

Anyone have the new link for this? Or where to get them? I can't seem to find anything at games-island.
BGS 9+ Alpha set 282/295 (97.29%) Avg 9.41
BGS 9.5+ Beta set 283/302 (93.71%) Avg 9.58
BGS 9.5+ Arabian set 35/92 (38.04%) Avg 9.62
BGS 9.5+ Antiquities set 82/100 (82%) Avg 9.64
BGS 9.5+ Legends set 279/310 (90.00%) Avg 9.61