Locking Media Binder

Everything else.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Locking Media Binder

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:52 am

Not sure if you have an ALDIs in your country but they are pretty popular in Europe and Australia.

Anyway I saw this and though I would give it a try

Annoyingly the one I just picked up is a three ring version but fortunately I planned for this sort of thing and made sure all my pages are the 11-Hole variety.

They fit Ultra Pro 9 pocket pages and even better, they fit the Lighthouse Grande pages, which are wider than the Ultra-Pros.

According to the blurb the case will fit 450 collectible cards but there is a bigger case which will fit 900. No idea if they have tried cramming four cards into each pocket. The lock will keep honest people out but if anyone actually wanted to get in I don't think it would stop them.

I only bought one so I have no idea if they stack well, if they have any on discount next week I will buy a couple more.

The quality is not fantastic, the metal trim is so thin that it flexes a fair amount, I have no idea if the inside is archival, I doubt that it is so I wouldn't be using it for long term storage . But I guess it is ok if you are carrying expensive items to shows etc. and you don't want them getting banged about.

Anyway if you haven't got an ALDIs nearby you can try www.vaultz.net

mystical_tutor
Legendary Old Fart Magic Player

Post by mystical_tutor » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:44 pm

I wonder if the ALDI and the Vaultz items are the same--look very much alike and the $5.00 difference in price would sure beat shipping from there to here. It appears, without any in depth checking that ALDI in the US is groceries only. They are tooting that they are coming to Colorado. I guess we will see as Safeway has closed some of it's stores as Walmart expands with grocery only stores.

I think this would be great for a card trader. I don't really think I would be able to use one. I wouldn't want people to know that I had cards with me, other than my decks. They (Vaultz) have a lot of nice cases though and some look like just the thing for decks.

Thanks for the info.

Gary
Gary Adkison
Father of a former Wizards of the Coast janitor.

Knowledge is proud because it thinks it knows so much; wisdom is humble because it realizes it knows so little.

GlobalBoosterHunter
Legendary Aussie Booster Hunter

Post by GlobalBoosterHunter » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:08 am

I guess if you were heading to a convention and were carrying a binder of high price items then this would give you slightly more security, however I wouldn't be able to resist handcuffing it to my wrist for added cool-factor. probably a good way to get robbed :)

ALDI makes a lot of their own items but they do sometimes stock other items and the Vaultz is one of them. Sadly they only have them in for one week, then a week in the discount bin and then they might turn up again next year. If nothing else it makes the shopping trip a different experience each week but the number of times I have decided to come back and get the item for less only to find that they have sold out or I forget makes it a bit hit-or-miss.