Completist Set of Mountains

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

jeb

Completist Set of Mountains

Post by jeb » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:28 am

PlasteredDragon is going for a complete set of the most common spell: Stone Rain. That card has 171 brown-backed printings, including foils, foreign, promos, Edgar-and-the-like, etc.

This got me thinking about a completist set of the most common land: Mountain. (I think). How many times has Mountain been printed? With the art choices, my mind is reeling. I'm thinking it might break 1000?!

Has anyone worked this out, so I can save myself a lot of work?

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:53 am

I count 1125

http://www.apathyhouse.com/mtg/pricelist/checklist.php

but this is missing most of the World Champ decks.

phyconaut
Librarities Member

Post by phyconaut » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:15 am

i was contemplating doing somthing similar but with forests hey if we could get 5 members 1 of each land to compleete a set that would be so awsome if we could get all of the sets together at a convention or somthing and good luck with TMP.
Current projects
Icy Manipulator Global set
The Mountain Project (Oficial name comming soon)
links for lists comming soon.

gerrikabeitia

Post by gerrikabeitia » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:17 pm

Hi,
I really love lands in general, basic, non-basic, whatever.
I think they have the greatest art in the game so I collect them.
Till the moment I haven't speciallized in any type really, but I would be more than willing to participate in such a project.
At the moment I'm really concentrated in City of Brass (still a lot missing) and on Arabian Nights lands (just missing a Bazaar of Baghdad! Anyone with a not very expensive offer???? :-) )

i was contemplating doing somthing similar but with forests hey if we could get 5 members 1 of each land to compleete a set that would be so awsome if we could get all of the sets together at a convention or somthing and good luck with TMP.

phyconaut
Librarities Member

Post by phyconaut » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:33 pm

cool so we have Jeb on the mountans me on the forest and gerrikabeitia on another land that would leave 2 more lands left the 3 lands that are left are island, plains, and swamp im using http://www.apathyhouse.com/mtg/pricelist/checklist.php
for the checklist so if any one wants to join yuor welcome to join our little crusade.
Current projects

gerrikabeitia

Post by gerrikabeitia » Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:39 pm

I prefer swamps really!

Plastered_Dragon
Librarities Legend

Post by Plastered_Dragon » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:25 pm

One of my donors in the past said he was doing the "Plains Project".

I did NOT envy him THAT workload!!! :-O

Ah yes, it was Benoit Vreux, who supplied my French Portal Second Age Stone Rain.
-- Plastered_Dragon -- A.K.A. Chuck Seggelin
* The Stone Rain Project v2.0 * My Blog *

jeb

Post by jeb » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:21 pm

I'm not touching this project with a 10-foot pole. :-*)

I too am trying to complete a global set of Stone Rain and I can appeciate the amount of work it would take to make a global set of Mountains. Good luck to whomever wants to try it. Just making the list is hard enough.

This reminds me. I ran the Apathyhouse checklist function against Stone Rain and it came up with items like French 7th Ed Starter and so forth. Is there any way to determine the difference between French 7th Ed and French 7th Ed Starter? :-/

Plastered_Dragon
Librarities Legend

Post by Plastered_Dragon » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:11 am

jeb wrote:I'm not touching this project with a 10-foot pole. :-*)

I too am trying to complete a global set of Stone Rain and I can appeciate the amount of work it would take to make a global set of Mountains. Good luck to whomever wants to try it. Just making the list is hard enough.

This reminds me. I ran the Apathyhouse checklist function against Stone Rain and it came up with items like French 7th Ed Starter and so forth. Is there any way to determine the difference between French 7th Ed and French 7th Ed Starter? :-/
Excuse moi? FRENCH starter? I thought Starter existed only in English?

Oh wait, 7th Edition Starter? What does that mean? Starter 2000?

Plastered_Dragon
Librarities Legend

Post by Plastered_Dragon » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:14 am

jeb wrote:I too am trying to complete a global set of Stone Rain and I can appeciate the amount of work it would take to make a global set of Mountains. Good luck to whomever wants to try it. Just making the list is hard enough.
BTW I have extra Russian BB9E, and Japanese CofK stonies. Do you need either of those? Valery Balabanov is sending me 2 Russian BB9E foils... obviously I only need one, do you want the other one?

Oh, btw, did you get the A4E stonie I sent you? It's not in the best condition, but far far better than no A4E stonie at all.

jeb

Post by jeb » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:25 am

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. :)

Thanks for the A4E Stone Rain. I can't believe those went so long before being figured out by Bock--it looks pretty damn different. And not just a color shift like was common back then--the back is waxy and kind of gross.

Your additions put me over 50! w00t! I really feel like I'm creeping up on this thing. I'll check your h/w and send you some stuff.

Back to the topic at hand--anyone have insight on the French 7th Ed Starter issue at apathyhouse? Is it somehow distinguishable from plain French 7th Ed?

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:07 am

Plastered_Dragon wrote:
Excuse moi? FRENCH starter? I thought Starter existed only in English?

Oh wait, 7th Edition Starter? What does that mean? Starter 2000?
"7th Starter" is supposed to only count the cards numbered S1-7, but for some reason it duplicates the entire set. I just haven't gotten around to fixing this yet.

phyconaut
Librarities Member

Post by phyconaut » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:29 am

ok jeb since your not doing it I will pick up doing the mountains ill get it started after i get another binder and 125 pages for the mountains I am going to seriously do this project.

also does any one Know HTML and a place for free web space for a web site? I want a place to keep trake of the cards for other poeple. becuse i just dont have the time all i need is a simple site ill pay some one who is willing to do this payment will be in cash or magic cards.
Current projects

Plastered_Dragon
Librarities Legend

Post by Plastered_Dragon » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:25 am

There are a lot of free blog providers out there, if you want to track your project as a blog. "blogger" comes to mind.

If you are willing to shell out a few bucks a month, there are full featured blog providers that will give you everything you need for a full website and blog. I strongly recommend blogharbor. It's definitely worth the $8.95 per month I pay to keep my blog Unbecoming Levity running. And they have always been good to me when I've needed help.

So when the time came for me to revive the Stone Rain Project, I naturally turned to them to see if they would offer me a deal on a second blog for the project, and they were happy to do so. Unlike the free blog providers, BlogHarbor gives me extensive storage space for pictures, and even static web pages which they can optionally integrate into my blog (so they have the blog sidebar, titlebar and footer).

If you'd rather do everything yourself in regular old HTML there are probably a lot of providers who would be happy to offer you webspace dirt cheap. Your internet provider may have already offered you webspace... you should check. The first generation of the Stone Rain Project was strictly a website, not a blog, but having it be a blog saves me SO much work.

At the high end of the spectrum, you could get your own webserver, run something like weblogic or apache on it, and generate your own website programatically with ASP's or JSP's or plain old servlets, but that would probably be a lot of work.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:04 am

Only 1125? What a puny project. ;)

phyconaut>> As PD said, your isp may already have a space for you.
I use a spreadsheet for my collection. I use open office but excell would probibly work as well. That way its easy to keep track locally on my PC as well. I just save in html format and upload with ftp onto my webspace. For me, 1600+ card project, i think this is the best way, it only takes like 15 min to make and a min to update.