Original M:TG artwork

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Lord_of_Llanowar

Re: Original M:TG artwork

Post by Lord_of_Llanowar » Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:58 pm

mint,
you are absolutly right
I am also a big fan of his artworks and at the moment i am trying to collect every land he mad foil 20x(partially just cause im sick)
And if your such a big fan and can get a original then just go for it.

Wich where ytou then thinking of getting btw?

-Ricardo

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:48 am

mint,
you are absolutly right
I am also a big fan of his artworks and at the moment i am trying to collect every land he mad foil 20x(partially just cause im sick)
And if your such a big fan and can get a original then just go for it.

Wich where ytou then thinking of getting btw?

-Ricardo
I am sending you a pm.

plasticrabbit

Post by plasticrabbit » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:26 pm

well, when buying any original artwork, remember worth is purely in the eye of the buyer. while other people might tell you it's ridiculous to pay a thousand dollars for a little piece of board with a drawing on it, if you love it, then buy it. :)

just remember, the most important things in general to ask are: size of the piece, condition, medium(s), and what the backing material is (board, canvas, or what have you). also, check how reputable the seller is. even if you're buying directly from the artist, you can run into some issues (i still have 750 dollars worth of commissions floating around, and no word from the artists who are supposed to be doing them. :()

once you receive the piece, make sure to give it a good inspection for any damage, etc. also, remove anything stuck to the piece, such as tape, stickers, etc., as the acid from these will damage the piece over time. get it framed as soon as possible (keeps moisture and other contaminants in the air away from the piece) using archival quality framing (basically meaning the materials used are acid free). it's preferrable to also get UV protective glass, though it costs more. keep it out of direct sunlight, as it can cause damage to the piece, most notably color fading. then, that's about it. hang it up and enjoy!

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Thu Nov 20, 2003 6:59 pm

plasticrabbit:  Thanks for the heads up on the UV glass.  I would take the time to get the picture nicely framed, but UV glass is something I probably would not have thought of.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:06 pm

Last couple times I had things framed the framer asked me if I wanted UV glass or not. I did get it. The point being, a good framer should inform you of all your options.
Apathy House
Price Looker-Upper:Guide to Fake Cards:Vintage Ad Gallery
Looking for scans of any mtg ads! HELP!