Some hot art Mod's and playmat doodles i got at GP MN &

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Some hot art Mod's and playmat doodles i got at GP MN &

Post by Dilligaf » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:04 am

Thought you guys might appreciate some fine art, so here ya go:

Promo Terror by Ron Spencer

Promo Diabolic Edicts by Ron Spencer
ImageImage
ImageImage

Playmat by John Matson and Ron Spencer

Close-up by John Matson

Close-up by Ron Spencer
Last edited by Dilligaf on Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:13 pm

how much did that all cost?

normalbrains
Librarities Member

Post by normalbrains » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:53 am

id like to know also, very cool stuff.

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:28 am

technically, it didnt cost anything.

but, let me explain:

friday, i spent about $50 at Ron's table, buying artist proofs, prints, etc.
while i was waiting to be put to work, i sat and chatted with him and found that he and his son are avid comic fans. we sat around for about 3 hrs just chillin' and chatting about whats right and wrong with comics these days.
towards the end of the day, i mentioned i would like some custom art done on some cards and maybe my playmat, he said sure and that he would work on them over the weekend.

saturday afternoon i went back to his table and picked up about another $30 in prints for a friend of mine, and he had finished the playmat. when i asked him how much, he said dont worry about it. i kept going back throughout the day, chatting when i could.

sunday afternoon he flags me over and hands me the Batman, needless to say i was astonished at the art. throughout the day he flags me down several more times and hands me another card each time.

Ron is THE MAN. granted, i spent quite a chunk of change with him over the weekend, but he is honestly a great guy, and he takes care of his fans.

PS, he is a total trooper too.. he never went to the bathroom and refused to take lunch breaks!!
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

normalbrains
Librarities Member

Post by normalbrains » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:49 am

wow you got hooked up. that playset of superhero edicts is awesome. have you seen the customized terrors that he has sold on ebay and to a member of this forum? if the m.l.c.p. actually gets off the ground, ron spencer will be the first one contacted.

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:28 am

i havent seen the custom terror's, but would love to!

if anyone has the pics, lemme know

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:31 am

Dilligaf wrote:i havent seen the custom terror's, but would love to!

if anyone has the pics, lemme know

He charges $200 per card to do custom full-color art, but I intend to ask him to do something for me sometime soon.[/img]

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:30 pm

I have several Unique Spencer items, he remembers me quite well. Some things I have scans of, others I don't. The list includes:

Several AP's, including Sliver Queen & ISOEvil.
A 2 foot x 3 foot "card" of the ISOEvil. We took a 8 1/2" x 11" print of the artwork, and RS drew the card border, text, etc. on the big posterboard. He signed it "2004 Magicians of the Beach". Very awesome.
Custom artwork done on the ISOISOEvil AP's of myself & my 3 sisters. These 4 cards are put in the corners of the gigantic ISOE card mentioned above. ( http://fvzappa.photosite.com/ , top right, click on it to see all 4)
ISOISOE original sketch
18 squirrel tokens signed by him, 3x3 signed "Ron", another 3x3 signed "Spencer", looks great in 9 pocket sheet binder

Several misprints/ rarities-
square cornered Sliver signed
4 way cut card that includes Terror, signed (yes, Ende73, it was yours before I had it drawn on)
5th Edition Instill Energy w/ front & back printed on one side, NOTHING printed on the other. Ron drew a "Wizards skrewed up" logo, & a sad wizard w/ a broken wand.
Alpha playtest Terror card, he signed it "I did not draw this crud!!!" on the crude artwork.
A Goblin of myself w/ cards coming out my butt- my freind has this beauty!

This fall, Ron will be drawing on a playset of Beta Goblin Kings, to make them look like David Bowie from Labrynth. THAT will be great.

And FYI, he does charge $200 to draw elaborite sketches on the front of cards, but charges $50 to do elaborite sketches on the AP backs, as it takes less time.

I'll scan a few of these above mentioned cards soon. 8)

fvzappa
Legendary Alpha Playtest Decks Owner

Post by fvzappa » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:43 am

Here is a few links to the Spencer misprints he drew all over:

4 way Terror-
http://fvzappa.photosite.com/july042005/terror4way.html

Doule printed Instill Energy-
http://fvzappa.photosite.com/july112005/

Enjoy.

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:13 am

So now some time has passed, and ive acquired some new doodles on my now infamous playmat.

here they are for your perusal:

Right Side up

Upside Down

In clockwise order from upper left corner:

Rebecca Guay, Pete Venters, Tom Baxa, Terese Nielson (pendant), Jon Matson, Mark Poole, Ron Spencer

Im gonna also get Doug Chaffee and Ben Thompson to work on it at GP Philly