First German Junior Series

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

rg

First German Junior Series

Post by rg » Wed May 12, 2004 12:28 am

On 19th June and 26th June there will be the first german junior series.
According to Amigo it looks like the card prices for the participants, the top 8 and the best player under 12 years are the same as in the USA, but the top 8 will also get a "special Magic-Magnet Board".

Does anyone know what this Magnet Board is, how it looks like (or has images)?

Official Amigo announcement (german!)

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Re: First German Junior Series

Post by silver.paladin » Wed May 12, 2004 1:53 am

Personally, I would like to know what the cards are that are going to be released here.  Will they be the normal English JSS cards, or might they be in German - that is the question I will be looking forward to knowing!  And if it is in German, I will be needing a German Dragon.
Oct 30, away until further notice

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Wed May 12, 2004 2:12 am

Personally, I would like to know what the cards are that are going to be released here.  Will they be the normal English JSS cards, or might they be in German - that is the question I will be looking forward to knowing!  And if it is in German, I will be needing a German Dragon.
Ummm...didn't rg just state that the prizes will be the same as their US_counterparts, but that top 8 will get get the magnet board?

rg

Post by rg » Wed May 12, 2004 2:38 am

The pricestructur as Amigo announced:

- Every participant receives a foil common with Junior Series Stamp/Print.
- Every of the top 8 receives a foil rare with Junior Series Stamp/Print and a Magic-Magnetic Board.
- The best player age under 12 receives a foil rare with Junior Series Stamp/Print and the Magic-Magnetic Board.

Because there never has been a german foil Arena/FNM/Judge card i asume the german junior series price cards are the standard US ones.
btw. hadn't we a thread someone already stated only hobby japan has the license to print own magic promos?

Has there been such a Magic - Magnetic Board on JSS events in USA?

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Post by rick21n » Wed May 12, 2004 2:39 am

Well the only magnet promotional product I have seen is the poetry magnets.  I have a scan located here..  I kinda hope that your bonus is something better as these were handed out free at a small convention here last year.

- Rick

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Wed May 12, 2004 3:49 am

Ummm...didn't rg just state that the prizes will be the same as their US_counterparts, but that top 8 will get get the magnet board?
Yes, that was stated, but I took that to assume to mean that each competitor will get a Giant Growth and the top finishers will get a Two-Headed Dragon.  That does not preclude the possibility that WoTC might be also releasing the cards in the language of the country that the JSS is being held.  Certainly, Hobby Japan has a special license to do what they will with the cards, but is it not possible that the tournies held in non primary english countries might have the cards printed for the language of that country?   Maybe Amigo does not have this same kind of license, but could not WoTC allow, or make these special kind of cards?
As I no longer remember how to read Deutsche/German, I do not know if it might be mentioned on the Amigo site, so that is why I am asking.
Oct 30, away until further notice

rg

Post by rg » Wed May 12, 2004 12:33 pm

I asked Amigo, i'll let you know their answer as soon as i receive one.

rg

Post by rg » Wed May 12, 2004 2:49 pm

Okay, here's the answer i got from amigo:

"Until today it is not yet known which cards are given out as price.  But it is certain that they are produced in english language."