New token set and P9 Proxy info.

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

normalbrains
Librarities Member

New token set and P9 Proxy info.

Post by normalbrains » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:49 am

somebody might find this interesting:

1.) the gaming etc power nine proxies are almost out of stock. this may be your last chance to get them for $1 a piece. time will tell.

2.) gaming etc will be coming out with a 9-card all-foil token set. when put together, the tokens will form a larger image.

info here: http://forums.gamingetc.com/index.php?s ... ntry159420

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:31 pm

While I didn't find the token topic interesting, I did find Gaming Etc talking about Dual Lands interesting. Nice...stealiing the idea. Well I guess since it is not being done here, someone might as well do it. Hopefully Gaming Etc will get a decent artist and not churn out cheese like their P9.

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:09 pm

Sadly, I think all that GamingEtc knows how to turn out is cheese. They've done their best to trash the token market. They have so much product out there they apparantly managed to shut down the Italian and / or Asian eBay sellers of "suspect" Minagishi tokens.

And their P9 proxies seem to be doing the same. I love the business model: offer a supposedly limited number of regular items, with foil chase cards. Then offer the foils individually at jacked up prices (funny how so many of them didn't make it in to the regular offering). Then offer uncut sheets. My guess is theat the next levels will be autographed items, or maybe customized items. And all the while more of the supposedly limited production, supposedly sold out (or at least almost sold out) items continue to come to market. Its a great business if you can geti t.

Personally, I can't get into collecting anything they produce. None of their stuff seems particuarly "collectible". None of it seems to be particularly rare. And as long as they continue to have additional supplies of their items, I doubt any of their items will have any long term value.

I guess I should be happy. They, along with their Asian and Italian peers, have made collecting rare tokens a minimally expensive hobby, even for some of the real gems.

normalbrains
Librarities Member

re: dual land proxies

Post by normalbrains » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:41 am

hey actually gamingetc came up with the idea before people here did. i still think its a bad idea

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:58 pm

wow...so bitter. Just because I think their product is terrible doesn't mean they dont have a right to screw around with the market as they see fit.