Translations?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mobeck

Translations?

Post by mobeck » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:50 am

Does anyone have translations of the cards listed here?

http://www.magiclibrary.net/rarities-unofficial.html

http://www.magiclibrary.net/rarities-sega.html

Also, the description of the Unoffical set says that about 500 cards were designed but only a small number were printed. do those 500 cards exisist in a spoiler anywhere?

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Translations?

Post by dragsamou » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:53 am

mobeck wrote:Does anyone have translations of the cards listed here?

http://www.magiclibrary.net/rarities-unofficial.html

http://www.magiclibrary.net/rarities-sega.html

Also, the description of the Unoffical set says that about 500 cards were designed but only a small number were printed. do those 500 cards exisist in a spoiler anywhere?
Hi.
At very First a Full translation for Unofficial was provided to Bob,from the Old site,but since then,the translation have been lost :(
Out of the 500 cards,a small number were printed,some of these Spoilers exist Only in Test Prints(Which are not on the Website).
Regarding Sega,no translations for the moment.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:31 am

Come on, all you French-speaking people, don't be lazy !

I believe translating these could be done and would be a nice addition to the website.

I believe I could translate most myself (pending approval by erl00, dragsamou etc. of course... my French is slightly rusty :oops: )

I volunteer to translate about 50-60 cards, if anyone else wants to do this we might distribute cards among us and get started !

pp
Legendary Complete Set Collector

Post by pp » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:59 am

I could also help translating

Patrick

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:58 am

ende73 wrote:Come on, all you French-speaking people, don't be lazy !

I believe translating these could be done and would be a nice addition to the website.

I believe I could translate most myself (pending approval by erl00, dragsamou etc. of course... my French is slightly rusty :oops: )

I volunteer to translate about 50-60 cards, if anyone else wants to do this we might distribute cards among us and get started !
Hi.
First,I will check if I can get back the original translation from the Original owner,otherwise I will translate some of them with the help of some French Members :wink:
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:42 pm

A translation for non-English cards is one of the entries of my to-do list. If you wish to help me in this matter, you are welcome. It might take a while before I can take care of this, though.

victorcamp
Librarities Legend

Sega Cards

Post by victorcamp » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:03 pm

Here are English versions of the Sega DreamCast cards, with translations taken from Bob Flaminio's old site. I made them using frames from sets concurrent with the Sega release.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Thrond
Librarities Legend

Post by Thrond » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:53 pm

I could translate all of the lands. (Alpha or Beta)

bertrand

Post by bertrand » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:22 am

I speak French.. what exactly do you need? Text translations or stuff like the above poster did?

loutre

Post by loutre » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:54 pm

hi there!

here's a new french member ;D

I actually started to translate the unofficial set ; do you want me to post some of the translations there, or shall I send these to anyone interested by PM? Anyway the work isn't over yet but I thought I could bring you a pre-release ;)

Moreover, I didn't include the translations in card-scans but that could be done if asked!

I also wish to point out the fact that there are some mistakes in the printed version of the set!

example :
In french, progret is correctly spelled progrès!

A translation could be :

Ancestral Abundance (Elder Abundance can make sense I guess)
Sorcery
Each player draws three cards.
Progress is only worth being shared - Asen Saéf

Note that the name Asen Saéf is a word-game with the french national railway company SNCF, and the flavor text is actually one old advertisement text of them! ;D

Here is one! Any comments and suggestions are welcome, and any criticism by french speaking people can be useful too!

Hope it helps!

farewell

loutre/otter

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:04 pm

loutre wrote:hi there!

I actually started to translate the unofficial set ; do you want me to post some of the translations there, or shall I send these to anyone interested by PM? Anyway the work isn't over yet but I thought I could bring you a pre-release ;)

Moreover, I didn't include the translations in card-scans but that could be done if asked!

I also wish to point out the fact that there are some mistakes in the printed version of the set!

example :

A translation could be :

Note that the name Asen Saéf is a word-game with the french national railway company SNCF, and the flavor text is actually one old advertisement text of them! ;D

Here is one! Any comments and suggestions are welcome, and any criticism by french speaking people can be useful too!

Hope it helps!

farewell

loutre/otter
Hi and Welcome.
There's much more Mistakes and Misprints,I have All of Them :wink:
Would love to see your translation,I will check with the Original creator,if it's fine.Greetings from Paris ;D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

loutre

Post by loutre » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:24 pm

dragsamou wrote:
loutre wrote:hi there!

example :

A translation could be :

Hope it helps!

farewell

loutre/otter
Hi and Welcome.
There's much more Mistakes and Misprints,I have All of Them :wink:
Would love to see your translation,I will check with the Original creator,if it's fine.Greetings from Paris ;D
Hi and thanks ;)
I will send you some tonight, I don't have any there since I'm actually pretending to be at work ;D
Of course the original creator(I guess you talk of the creator of the card set?) shall be warned and has a veto right, I didn't think of that, excited as I was!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:25 pm

Hi and thanks ;)
I will send you some tonight, I don't have any there since I'm actually pretending to be at work ;D
Of course the original creator(I guess you talk of the creator of the card set?) shall be warned and has a veto right, I didn't think of that, excited as I was!
Hi.The creator of the card set has already made a Full translation in the past,and as a friend,he will glady help me.PM me,the list later on.Thanks.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mobeck

Post by mobeck » Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:06 am

dragsamou wrote: Hi.The creator of the card set has already made a Full translation in the past,and as a friend,he will glady help me.PM me,the list later on.Thanks.
Would the creator also happen to have a spoiler of the original list of 500 cards that never made it to print? That would be awesome.

bertrand

Post by bertrand » Mon Dec 19, 2005 3:53 am

On Abondance Ancestrale there is a spelling error. The correct word for 'progress' is 'progrès', not 'progret.'