Invitational Cards

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

mobeck

Invitational Cards

Post by mobeck » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:12 pm

Two questions:

1) from: http://www.magiclibrary.net/rarities-ev ... izons.html
In 2002, a whole set of 330 cards called New Horizons was created by the staff which was used as card pool for a New Horizons Constructed format, where any card of the set could be used up to four times per player.
Where can I find more on these 330 cards?

2) the Magic Invitational 2000 Autumn cards seem to be regualar cards from magic sets with subtle differneces, moastly on the casting costs. But also some enchantments like Bazaar of Wonder has a power and toughness.

also Tombstone Stairwell which is a black card meerly has a casting cost of 8 which seems inconsitant with the rest of the changes to cards in this set.

Are these typos or were the stickers acually printed with bad information on them?

Thanks
~Isaac

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Post by Dilligaf » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:20 pm

if you contact Tim Weismann over at EHEvents.com, he could probably give you all the answers you seek.

btw, the 2005 EHI was just a few weekends ago.
You can find coverage on texasmagicleague.com
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:29 pm

mobeck: Good spot! Your assumption has been correct, and I have fixed the cards. They now are in line with the sticker text. I have yet to investigate about the 2002 set.

Diligaf: The 2005 event did not have any customized cards, did it?

mobeck

Not All Fixed

Post by mobeck » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:18 am

Psychic Vortex still has a power and toughness and I think one of my questions remains unanswered.

Are the casting costs supposed to be modified from the cards oracle text? Black lotus costs 3 and Bazaar of Wonders costs U where it normally is 3UU

These are recosted sticker cards used for the invitational or are they just stickers supposed to represent the real cards?

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:20 am

Ralph Herold wrote:mobeck: Good spot! Your assumption has been correct, and I have fixed the cards. They now are in line with the sticker text. I have yet to investigate about the 2002 set.

Diligaf: The 2005 event did not have any customized cards, did it?
they used 2 sets to draft with, last dawn and new horizens i think?
i dont know if those are the original.. the spoilers are around, ill link to them later.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:15 am

you probably want to contact Weismann and get permission to post these on your site proper, i dont know how anal he would be.. i also dont know how long these will be hosted on TML.

New Horizons
http://www.texasmagicleague.com/newhorizons.html

Last Dawn
http://www.texasmagicleague.com/lastdawn.html

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:16 pm

mobeck:

The Psychic Vortex has been fixed. Please report further errors if you find any.

Misplaced power/toughness values happen sometimes because I frequently copy and paste certain parts of the website and modify them for the new content. Sometimes, fragments of the source part accidentally survive. Nonetheless, this method is best suited to save time.

The stickers from the Autumn 2000 series all represent recosted regular cards.

Diligaf: Great find! I will have to look into this matter soon.