URGENT! Dragon Whelp "HOLOGRAPHIC" SIGHTING PT: LA

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Mike_Broughton

URGENT! Dragon Whelp "HOLOGRAPHIC" SIGHTING PT: LA

Post by Mike_Broughton » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:13 am

Hello,
My name is Mike "Mykeatog" Broughton and I work for Jim Bruso (Formerly of Troll and Toad, currently of Queen's Domain and Over The Edge Games). In the last six months I have been actively seeking out misprints, miscuts, and other rarities. My normal life includes being a Magic Dealer at all of the Pro Tour Events. Currently, I am at Pro Tour Los Angeles and I have found one of the rarest cards to exist according to this site.

I have been presented with a "Dragon Whelp" that appears to be EXACTLY the Dragon Whelp pictured on the "Test Prints" section of this web site (and the card is spotless). Though I do not currently own the card it is of some concern to me that this card may not be real. The only reason that I am questioning this cards authenticity is because it is posted here that there exists only one. Through my contacts list (including Mr. Bruso), I know the location of that peticular card. I have two questions that I need answered in the next SIXTEEN hours (Currently: 1 AM Sunday OCT. 30 PACIFIC TIME).

1. Is is possible that there can be a second or (as I am now being told), third copy of this card?

2. Assuming this card is the real deal (Which I would stake my entire reputation in the industry on), is it worth the incredible asking price of 2000 dollars (and if not what makes sense, I want to offer the fairest deal possible while making it worth all of the trouble I have gone through)? Moreover; would anyone be interested in picking it up from me?

I understand that I don't have any clout here; as this is my first post, but this is also a situation where I have nowhere else to go with this. Another person well known in the misprint market that would vouch for my credability is Sam Newburger.

If any of you are at the pro tour, please come up to my booth to converse with me - and no matter what time of day, if you read this and you want to know anything else about this, or have any questions AT ALL please don't only post it here but call my cell phone 508.340.1424 and ask for Mike Broughton (though it is very unlikely that it won't be me). I am trying to get advise as quickly as possible, and really want to be able to pick this card up for one of you guys. Again, please call me if you can help me - or if you want in on the action.

I realize that I don't have a picture, and that this must sound incredibly sketchy - but that is why I am offering my personnal number. Thank you for all your help, and I will certainly be giving you an update on the situation as soon as I return to my own bed in Worcester, MA.

Mike "Mykeatog" Broughton
mtgcashmtg@hotmail.com

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:33 pm

Did anyone help?
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

phyconaut
Librarities Member

Post by phyconaut » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:43 am

i would help but i have no idea about any of this so some one who knows more should be on hopefully
Current projects
Icy Manipulator Global set
The Mountain Project (Oficial name comming soon)
links for lists comming soon.

Mike_Broughton

Post by Mike_Broughton » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:22 am

Hey Guys,
I recieved a phone call that was very helpful. I don't want to go over the exact details of the transation at this time - but I've got it, and I will get scan's up as soon as possible. If you are interested let me know.

- Mike

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:54 am

Mike_Broughton: I am sorry I could not respond any quicker. I was contacted in August this year by somebody who claimed to have found another copy of this card. This is entirely possible, as information about unofficial Magic items is rarely entirely correct or comprehensive.

As far as value is concerned, there is no real insider knowledge to be gained. The card is extremely rare and beautiful to look at, but prices for such items are purely based upon personal interest. If you wish to sell the card, find a buyer first, otherwise chances are high you will lose money on it. Few people spend that much money on such exotic items.

inca911
Librarities Legend

Post by inca911 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:28 pm

I wish I was around this weekend. I'm definitely interested to hear where this ended up.

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:26 am

Hi I just remembered this thread. In the middle of Sunday, last I checked, they still had this card and said that all that they wanted to do was break even. They had spent alot of money on the card and were afraid no one could buy it, and they hadn't at that time.
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:43 pm

ask some of the rich members of this board :P
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:43 am

AXIOS wrote:ask some of the rich members of this board :P
AXIOS, do you have the Dragon?

pickle.69
Legendary Shivan Dragon Master

Post by pickle.69 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:07 am

I was in interested but sadly they never got back to me. Not that I am rich but I could have throughn out a lot of stuff.
Collections needing help
Shivan Dragons http://beam.to/shivandragon
Alpha Dwarven Demo Team h: 5%
http://www.magiclibrarities.net/forum/v ... 9506#29506

Mykeatog
Librarities Hero

Post by Mykeatog » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:37 pm

hey guys,
The orignal post was mine - I sold it to a guy who is known for moving this type of stuff to big collectors. I am pretty sure this went to 'Keith' one of the misprint collectors in US. I know that when I asked about it, I was told that I couldn't know - so it must have been worth a lot more than I thought.

- Mike