Sealed pack of 2hg champ foil niv mizzets

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

coolio
Librarities Legend

Sealed pack of 2hg champ foil niv mizzets

Post by coolio » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:12 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTG-4x-Foil-Promo-N ... dZViewItem

have an offer of 350 on it, think i should take it? i doubt there's another sealed pack left cept within wotc's hands anymore...

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:18 am

I cannot see how this item is on the martket legitimately. Either it was stolen or the T.O. for the South Plainfield, NJ event failed to give out the full prize support at their tournament and sold this improperly.
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:29 am

Archivist wrote:I cannot see how this item is on the martket legitimately. Either it was stolen or the T.O. for the South Plainfield, NJ event failed to give out the full prize support at their tournament and sold this improperly.
OR I bought 4 of them before they popped the packs to hand out the individual cards to the t4 teams, but after t4 teams were announced so I know who I can acquire them from? hrmmmmmmmmm.... I can guarantee you every one was given out.. the door prize 4 were given out during rd 1 (which according to some of the other seller's stories, and some stories over on motl on speculation of this card's price.. OTHER states didnt give out every single one).. I'd find it hard for anyone to find the balls to accuse Gray Matter of doing something illegitimate..

-Morgan

I seriously find it appalling someone would 1. accuse me of doing something such as stealing, or 2. that myself, and one of the largest TO's in the world engaged in illegitimate transactions. Please keep further baseless accusations such as those to yourself

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:57 am

When I read your first post, I was not aware that you were the seller (it seemed as though you were an interested buyer). As such I cautioned against this item as I saw it as extremely unlikely this was legitimate (we've seen stolen items for sale before).

I didn't accuse you of stealing - I just said they may be stolen (perhaps by a player at an event or from WotC themselves). My reply was meant to be cautionary while I investigated myself on how legitimate this item is.

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:09 am

Archivist wrote:When I read your first post, I was not aware that you were the seller (it seemed as though you were an interested buyer). As such I cautioned against this item as I saw it as extremely unlikely this was legitimate (we've seen stolen items for sale before).

I didn't accuse you of stealing - I just said they may be stolen (perhaps by a player at an event or from WotC themselves). My reply was meant to be cautionary while I investigated myself on how legitimate this item is.
Well I do realize not a whole lot of ppl do indeed know my ebay handle, as I've tried to keep that separate from my forum browsing. As for the legitimacy of this item, I can assure you it's perfectly legit. I was trying to acquire all 3 packs in fact, but the other 6, 3 from the top 4 teams, and 3 of the door prize winners wanted to keep theirs.. I acquired 5 and a friend acquired the last one. I informed GrayMatter's owner immediately after I posted this, in case he gets a random email from wotc, that I managed to acquire 4 of them from the t4 teams and had it kept sealed.

-Morgan

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:26 am

coolio wrote:I managed to acquire 4 of them from the t4 teams and had it kept sealed.
That's the part that had/has me confused... knowing how these tournaments are generally run, I can't figure out how an unopened pack got into the players' hands. Normally, the TO or a head judge would open the packs behind the desk and hand them out individually.

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:37 am

Archivist wrote:
coolio wrote:I managed to acquire 4 of them from the t4 teams and had it kept sealed.
That's the part that had/has me confused... knowing how these tournaments are generally run, I can't figure out how an unopened pack got into the players' hands. Normally, the TO or a head judge would open the packs behind the desk and hand them out individually.
right, I started asking 1-2 hrs before t4 (well actually i had been working on the 4 given out as door prizes the entire day, and figured if i can swap 4 for 4 in a sealed pack...), and when they were announced, I dragged them to the TO table, and purchased them from the players who would be receiving them before they were cracked from the pack. Each of the 4 assured the TO that they were indeed selling to me, and I handed them money, and I acquired the 4 as a sealed pack.

-Morgan

phiswiz
Legendary Camel Rider

re

Post by phiswiz » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:18 am

Interesting story, the TO must not be a dealer themselves. Here in VA, SCG is the TO and they expressly forbid the buying and selling of cards by players during their events. The situation you are describing would never have happened here.

coolio
Librarities Legend

Re: re

Post by coolio » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

phiswiz wrote:Interesting story, the TO must not be a dealer themselves. Here in VA, SCG is the TO and they expressly forbid the buying and selling of cards by players during their events. The situation you are describing would never have happened here.
I AM a table dealer at gray matter events, scg is well known not to sell tables. and no, graymatter has no need to be dealer themselves.

Pselus

Post by Pselus » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:14 pm

I think you could get a better profit off of them...but $350 isn't a bad price either. Right now they're going for $70 apiece on ebay...but that's with hours left in the auctions

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:59 pm

HAHAHAHA!! YOU ARE THE MORGAN FROM THE TOURNAMENT!!?? HAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!! I'm the guy who you said wasn't priveledged enough to see your binder!!! hahahahaha!!!!!

I'll be sure to let you know when "my collection is worth 6 digits".

More related to the topic, I'm pretty sure I watched him give the winners 20 a peice for the mizzets, so I'm pretty sure it's legit. ;-)

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Fri Mar 24, 2006 4:28 pm

dry cereal wrote:20 a peice for the mizzets
pwnt