crimped cards

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Re: crimped cards

Post by dry cereal » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:10 pm

do you think you could fake a crimp and place the same amount of crimp marks (same width)?  Think you could fake a crimp without further damaging the card moreso than a normal crimpmark?  Just curious, maybe someone can experiment.  also, I have faith a set exists.  I have access to the world, and way more than 10,000 packs of a given set were opened.  You may say I have high hopes :)
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Lord_of_Llanowar

Post by Lord_of_Llanowar » Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:12 pm

do you think you could fake a crimp and place the same amount of crimp marks (same width)?  Think you could fake a crimp without further damaging the card moreso than a normal crimpmark?  Just curious, maybe someone can experiment.  also, I have faith a set exists.  I have access to the world, and way more than 10,000 packs of a given set were opened.  You may say I have high hopes :)
ill look into this, i think it isnt that hard :D

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Fri Sep 05, 2003 3:02 am

I discovered I have a crimped foil Angelic Wall. I'm going to keep an eye out for other I might have, see if I can make a trade a little more worth your while.
Apathy House
Price Looker-Upper:Guide to Fake Cards:Vintage Ad Gallery
Looking for scans of any mtg ads! HELP!

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Post by rick21n » Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:46 am

If you Private Message me your address you will receive a package in the mail from me with a present in it for you.

bigfatkitty
Legendary Overweight Cat Warrior

Post by bigfatkitty » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:34 pm

When Homelands came out, I got a box where every pack had at least 2-3 crimped cards.  I'm sure I have at least a common set of crimped cards.  I'd have to dig though.
Solitary Member of Dragsamou's 'Dirty Frenchie' Fan Club.
Worshiped by all Netherlandians.

dry cereal

Post by dry cereal » Tue Sep 09, 2003 5:44 am

bigfatkitty.  I am interested in aquiring these cards.  Please let me know
A.  What you find
and
B.  What you want for em

oh boy oh boy, thanks for letting me know   :D

that is so awesome.

bigfatkitty

Post by bigfatkitty » Thu Sep 11, 2003 9:54 pm

I'll take a look this weekend and let you know what I find.

bigfatkitty

Post by bigfatkitty » Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:50 am

Ok...so I didn't have as many as I originally thought, but they were all Homelands.  I have over 60,000 cards boxed up and since I had to go through them anyway, I looked for crimped cards.

This is what I found:

1x Roterothopter
1x Torture
1x Labyrinth Minotaur
1x Reef Pirates
1x Aether Storm
1x Coral Reef
2x Folk of An-Havva (One of each picture)
1x Carapace
1x An-Havva Inn
1x Anaba Shaman
1x Dwarven Pony
1x Dwarven Trader
2x Mesa Falcon (One of each picture)
2x Trade Caravan (Same artwork)
1x Serra Bestiary

A total of 18 cards.  Much smaller than I thought.

I mentioned to a buddy of mine what I was looking for and he mentioned he had the same problem w/an Urza's Legacy box.  I'll let you know what I found out.

Anyway...e-mail me and we'll work out something.

bigfatkitty@carolina.rr.com

dry cereal

Post by dry cereal » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:38 am

I went to the prerelease today.  Every other guy had a crimped card (well not that many, but I ended up with 6, including the one my friend opened during the tourney)  I also talked to some really nice people who are going to look for them for me :).  Almost everyone had a story about throwing a bunch out, or having some at home...or...anyway, I'm starting to wonder just how rare they are.  Also, about making fake ones, you'd need pretty specific instruments.  Especially to get the wierd rounding effect at the base of each crimp line.
I'll do some scans or something to show you what I'm talking about.

And one quick last thing...of course how could I forget.  Thank you everyone for helping with my search.  I appreciate greatly this amazing network.  You guys are the reason I still collect...gawd, I sound drunk...

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:21 pm

dry_cereal: You should change your quote/signature  to "Send me your crimped cards".

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:39 am

I have quite a following of younger children that all will "worship" me at the cardstore, hehe. I will ask the little army if any of them have any crimps, they will spread the word like wildfire ;-) If any of them have them, I will trade/buy all of them that I (and the servants) can find.

I have no idea if I will come back from the store late friday night with 1 crimp or 30... so don't get too excited ;-) But I will write myself a note to look around and let everyone know I'm looking for them.

The question... should I buy/trade for them all this Friday night, and then sell/trade them to you? Or would you prefer I waited until a later date? Let me know please.

Dylan I.

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:57 am

I've never gotten a crimp.  However, this DOES remind me of the time that I ordered a Tournament Box of Invasion.  One of the packs was closed wrong, damaging both the tab on the box and either a couple commons or a couple basic lands (can't remember).  I threw them out, though, since there's clearly no way to verify that I didn't just hit them against a table edge or something.  But still a strange little anecdote.

monkeymadness
Librarities Legend

Post by monkeymadness » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:48 am

I finally had the chance to look through my stash and this is the only crimp that I came up with.  If you are interested, it can be yours.  Just let me know.  The picture is low res, but you can still make out most of the crimpage - it extends about half way into the card title.

dry cereal

Post by dry cereal » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:42 am

Dylan, yes.  Have your roadies do my bidding.  thank you for the offer.  I love this forum

Tenacious_Dyl
Librarities Legend

Post by Tenacious_Dyl » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:56 am

Dry Cereal:
Sounds like we are now "business partners" hehe... I will see what I can do at the store this Friday Night.

Please... (sometime Thursday or before) email me a list of all of the crimped cards you own right now, and please also include in the list cards that you are in the process of buying.... I would hate to spot some crimps, fork up my moola for them, and find out you don't need them! My email is available to all posters, so just click'n'send the list :-) Thanks.

Also perhaps include in the email things you have for trade, or amounts of money you are willing to pay. I accept Personal Checks, and Cashier's Checks only, sorry. (I do not have a Paypal account :-( )
Thanks again.