Misprint inquiry?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

benwalden

Misprint inquiry?

Post by benwalden » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:36 am

I posted a value question on mtgsalvation.com and Gunslinga asked me to post pics here. Anyway, what would be a *normal* asking price for a card like this. BTW, nothing was photoshopped & the card is in *pack mint* condition.

Thanks!

Ben

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:40 pm

I am confused, are they the same card?

Because the front picture shows (as far as I can tell) 4 square corners, but the back shows three and a somewhat rounded one.

Plus, how can the front picture have little to no white on the edges? That would mean that either the card is undercut or is overlarge.

I'm thinking your scanning software removed the white edges on the front picture..

Gryfalia

benwalden

Post by benwalden » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:13 pm

Gryfalia wrote:I am confused, are they the same card?

Because the front picture shows (as far as I can tell) 4 square corners, but the back shows three and a somewhat rounded one.

Plus, how can the front picture have little to no white on the edges? That would mean that either the card is undercut or is overlarge.

I'm thinking your scanning software removed the white edges on the front picture..

Gryfalia
Yes, it's the same card. HP's scanning software has an auto-crop feature built in and I couldn't figure out how to override it. The card's 4E to a T. Everything is in good order, but the back of the card is grayscale...

Does that help?

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:24 pm

I am very interested indeed and would value it around $80 (possibly $100 in cards if you have any specific regular MTG needs).

Talk to me by e-mail or PM, thanks :) and please let me know either way in case other members selected to contact you privately with higher "bids" like usually happens :(

benwalden

Post by benwalden » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:30 pm

ende73 wrote:I am very interested indeed and would value it around $80 (possibly $100 in cards if you have any specific regular MTG needs).

Talk to me by e-mail or PM, thanks :) and please let me know either way in case other members selected to contact you privately with higher "bids" like usually happens :(
's about the value I've been expecting. Nobody's contacted me as of yet, but I'm taking it to a dealer this weekend, @ a PTQ, to see what he's willing to trade for it. If it doesn't go through, I'll be abliged to let you know. :)

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:33 pm

I really, really hate many things about HP's scanning software. Including the autocropping it loves to do.

Good scanners otherwise..

Gryfalia

benwalden

Post by benwalden » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:51 pm

Gryfalia wrote:I really, really hate many things about HP's scanning software. Including the autocropping it loves to do.

Good scanners otherwise..

Gryfalia
agreed. it's a scanner/printer, but it's probably the best scanner that I've ever had.

's a little off the subject, but eh... :)

flatmatt
Legendary Wild Bear Tracker

Post by flatmatt » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:54 pm

My scanner's an HP printer/scanner/etc., and it's great. Then again, I just scan directly into Photoshop; the only HP-related stuff I touch is the WIA scan interface.

sk1
Librarities Legend

Post by sk1 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:37 pm

$125-150 is what I would offer today. So I guess that's what it's worth right now, unless someone ups the offer.

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:06 am

sk1 wrote:$125-150 is what I would offer today. So I guess that's what it's worth right now, unless someone ups the offer.
maybe paulhpage ;)
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:08 pm

AXIOS wrote:
sk1 wrote:$125-150 is what I would offer today. So I guess that's what it's worth right now, unless someone ups the offer.
maybe paulhpage ;)
echoicmemory? :wink:

victorcamp
Librarities Legend

Misprint

Post by victorcamp » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:27 pm

On my HP scanner, there's an option under View: Entire Scanner Bed. This opens up the view, then I use the Crop feature to bring it down to the size I want.