Guildpact Foil Error project- need your help

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Guildpact Foil Error project- need your help

Post by squt » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm starting a new thread to deal specifically with Guildpact errors that appear on all or at least a significant portion of cards in the English set. We all know about the Guildpact card "Hypervolt Grasp", which was printed with the wrong guild symbol.

Thanks to that thread, we now know that there are many more errors on foil cards in the set:

Gruul Guildmage Foil - numbered 1__/165 (should be 144). First reported by Lyellin. Rick21N reported that his store had pulled one, and posted a scan:
http://campus.champlain.edu/student/fsa ... /gzoom.jpg

Cardguy reports that out of the 4 he owns, only 1 is an error. I myself purchased two from e-bay, and they were both errors. It appears that roughly 50% of foil Gruul Guildmages have this error.

Shadow Lance Foil numbered 1_/165 (should be 14) Same error, reported by Dilligaf. I was able to find 2 copies of this error on ebay as well, but Magic_bie has a normal one.

While typing this, I just realized that there is a pattern here...both cards are missing the '4's in the number.

Using the theory that there might be a problem with 4's in this set, we need to find out if any of the following cards might also share this error on some portion of their printings: Droning Bureacrats, Drowned Rusulka, Sky Swallower, Vaccumelt, Vedalken Plotter, Vertigo Spawn, Abyssal Nocturnus, Caustic Rain, Cremate, Cry of Contrition, Cryptwailing, Daggerclaw imp, Douse in Gloom, Orzhov Euthanist, Bloodscale Prowler, Scorched Rusulka, Earth Surge, Silhana ledgewalker, Burning Tree Bloodscale, Ghost Council, Orzhov Pontiff, Teysa, Yore-Tiller Nephillim, Debtor's Knell, Djinn Illuminatus, Giant Solifuge, Izzet Guildmage, Morning Thrull, Orzhov Guildmage, Petrahydrox, Wild Cantor, Moratorium Stone, Steam Vents.

Personally, I have opened about a half a box of Guildpact, and I don't have any of these foils. Could those of you who maybe work in a store, or have opened a ton of foils please check out these cards and let us know if you find any more that are missing the 4? I would also like to hear from people who have Gruul Guildmages and Shadow Lances (FOIL ONLY) so we can get a better idea of how rare this problem is.

The other big error that we know about in this set is:
Thunderheads (Foil) - missing the W's and Y's in italics text. Again reported by Lyellin. I was able to find several of these on ebay as well. One seller had 3 up for dutch auction, and when I contacted him about this problem, he said 2 of his 3 had this error. There is one on ebay right now that has this problem (it is scanned). Here is a tif of the error:

http://members.tripod.com/squt/thunderhead.tif

This isn't a printing misprint! This is a mistake that appears on a good number of cards, and it isn't random that only 4's, W's, and Y's are missing on these cards. Somehow, the file these cards were printed from had the error.
I'm very interested to hear from any of you regarding this, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we found more foils that are missing letters in the reminder text and flavor text!

Please don't post here about printing blotches, ink smears, or crimps. I'd like to focus on just foil cards that are missing numbers or text in Guildpact.

Good Hunting! Squt

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:43 pm

checked my foil stack and found no wierness.
Bloodscale Prowler
Silhana ledgewalker
Burning Tree Bloodscale
Morning Thrull
Drowned Rusulka
Vertigo Spawn
Scorched Rusulka
Izzet Guildmage
Debtor's Knell
Giant Solifuge

(btw, had time to look in the boxes? ;) )

Dilligaf
Legendary Misplaced Limey Judge

Re: Guildpact Foil Error project- need your help

Post by Dilligaf » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:40 pm

squt wrote: Droning Bureacrats
Drowned Rusulka
Sky Swallower
Vaccumelt
Vedalken Plotter
Vertigo Spawn
Abyssal Nocturnus
Caustic Rain
Cremate
Cry of Contrition
Cryptwailing
Daggerclaw imp
Douse in Gloom
Orzhov Euthanist x2
Bloodscale Prowler
Scorched Rusulka
Earth Surge
Silhana ledgewalker
Burning Tree Bloodscale
Ghost Council
Orzhov Pontiff
Teysa
Yore-Tiller Nephillim
Debtor's Knell
Djinn Illuminatus
Giant Solifuge
Izzet Guildmage
Morning Thrull
Orzhov Guildmage
Petrahydrox
Wild Cantor
Moratorium Stone
Steam Vents.
Promo Guildmage
Those bolded I have and have checked, finding no errors.
In relation to others, I have opened about 10 boxes (1 box being 2 .5 boxes, 6 being 1 sealed case, and 3 sealed boxes.)
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

magic_bie
Librarities Legend

Post by magic_bie » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:23 pm

Checked my foil commons. I'm only missing Gruul Signet and Repeal. Found no errors.

Checked my uncommons. I'm missing 10:
Caustic Rain
Drowned Rusalka
Dryad Sophisticate
Electrolyze
Goblin Flectomancer
Gruul Guildmage
Mortify
Orzhov Guildmage
Shattering Spree
Souls of the Faultless
Found no errors. The Thunderheads and Shadow Lance have no errors.

l0qii
Legendary Unfindable Title Moderator

Post by l0qii » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:01 pm

Is it possible that this is another case of templates being modified between the prerelease and the official release as with Cephalid Looter?

squt

Post by squt » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:10 pm

Loqii- I think that is very possible. That would mean that all future pritings will be correct, and these errors will become increasingly rare.

It could also be that the problem with the numbers was just with cards that start with a 1 followed by a four, which means that Ghost Council of the Orzhova should be a suspect (#114), although all of the copies I've seen on e-bay are correct.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to look at their collection for this project!

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:31 am

I checked a friends FOIL Giant Solifuge today (that could vaguely sound dirty.. oh well) and it had no errors.
Never argue with an Idiot, they will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
** Trying to collect one of each (at least) Brom Artwork.. if you have extra stuff, PM me.. AP's too!

Dilligaf

Post by Dilligaf » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:09 am

russian burning tree bloodscale foil is fine, no missing number

polarmoose

Post by polarmoose » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:24 am

sorry if this is already known, but i have a thunderheads foil misprint. in the replicate, it says " hen ou pla this spell, cop it for each time o u paid its replicate cost."

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:15 am

polarmoose wrote:sorry if this is already known, but i have a thunderheads foil misprint. in the replicate, it says " hen ou pla this spell, cop it for each time o u paid its replicate cost."
Thanks, but reading the whole topic is cool.
The other big error that we know about in this set is:
Thunderheads (Foil) - missing the W's and Y's in italics text. Again reported by Lyellin. I was able to find several of these on ebay as well. One seller had 3 up for dutch auction, and when I contacted him about this problem, he said 2 of his 3 had this error. There is one on ebay right now that has this problem (it is scanned). Here is a tif of the error:

Lyellin

Post by Lyellin » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:44 pm

Foil Russian Gruul War Plow seems to be fine... at least nothing obviously missing ;)

squt

Post by squt » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:59 pm

I think at this point, it's fair to say that the only 3 foil misprints are the Lance, guildmage, and Thunderheads. What I'd like to see is if non-english lances and guildmages might also have this problem?

Squt

squt

Post by squt » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:04 pm

I thought we were done with this project, but I recently heard that there was a 4th foil misprint in Guildpact. I wish I had more info than that, but I don't! Anyone else hear about a 4th?

I'd also like to hear if anyone has seen any non-english lances and guildmages with number errors...

Squt

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:17 pm

squt wrote:I thought we were done with this project, but I recently heard that there was a 4th foil misprint in Guildpact. I wish I had more info than that, but I don't! Anyone else hear about a 4th?

I'd also like to hear if anyone has seen any non-english lances and guildmages with number errors...

Squt
Hi Mark.
I have checked French Ones Foils/Normal on numerous occasions none
are Misprints.I'm more than interested to heard about the 4th one,as I collect those.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.