Dirty Guildpact?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Plastered_Dragon
Librarities Legend

Dirty Guildpact?

Post by Plastered_Dragon » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:47 pm

I recently acquired a handful of guildpact commons where the upper portion, particularly the top-left corner looks like the ink smeared or smudged (but only the black ink). I've seen a lot of misprints through the years, but I can't recall seeing anything exactly like this. Are these "double-dark" type errors with an extra layer of black? Or something else? Has anyone seen anything like these before?

I picked up 15 of these for about $2. I suspect they aren't very valuable, what do y'all think?
-- Plastered_Dragon -- A.K.A. Chuck Seggelin
* The Stone Rain Project v2.0 * My Blog *

bigfatkitty
Legendary Overweight Cat Warrior

Post by bigfatkitty » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:48 pm

I had a box of Chronicles where the same thing happened to all the commons. It looked like everything was extra dark and smudged. The black cards looked especially bad.
Solitary Member of Dragsamou's 'Dirty Frenchie' Fan Club.
Worshiped by all Netherlandians.

Thrond
Librarities Legend

Post by Thrond » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:51 pm

It seems that Magic printing quality has lowered... I bought around 15 cards in Guildpact, and 2 of them were badly printed: one of them (erzhov euthanist) was exactly like yours (smudged), the text on the other one (Burning Tree Shaman) is faded. :(

justkitteh
Librarities Member

Post by justkitteh » Wed May 10, 2006 5:15 am

I haven't seen that one new cards, tho I have an alpha Howl from Beyond where something like this happened, only it's VERY dark and only on the top bar...