An oops in my Legions pre-con

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

An oops in my Legions pre-con

Post by squt » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:26 pm

I recently won a box of Italian precons from Legions, and was thumbing through the elf deck, only to find a Snarling Undorak towards the back of the pack. At first, I thought "man, is there an elf-beast I forgot about"? But after a little more checking, I found that it was in the deck instead of taunting elf. Which was kind of sad, since I know so many RG collectors.

I'm not sure if all Italian Legions pre-cons are like this, but I will open another elf deck to find out!

Squt

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:44 am

Ok Scut, keep us posted WHERE IS THE EYE-ROLL SMILIE?
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:51 am

Sorry, but why would anybody buy legions precons that nobody can read unless they are Italian or know it?

squt

Post by squt » Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:32 pm

Personally for me, it was to look for misprints and mistakes. The box was bid upon by other members of this forum because they collect foreign cards. There are some people who were interested in them because they collect all cards by a specific artist. Why am I explaining this to you? Why are you even on this forum, Volcanon?!

And Secretgiant, you should know better. It may be insignificant to you, but it might be of interest to others, which is why I posted it. If you don't care, just ignore the post - there's no reason to be a jackass. I personally don't know why there is such a big effort on this site towards getting the UPC and product codes on various magic boxes, but I've contributed quite a few codes to the project because I know it is of interest to SOMEONE in the community.

And just in case there is anyone out there who DOES actually care, they are ALL like that, and personally, I think that's pretty interesting.

Squt

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Sun Mar 26, 2006 4:13 pm

squt wrote:Personally for me, it was to look for misprints and mistakes. The box was bid upon by other members of this forum because they collect foreign cards. There are some people who were interested in them because they collect all cards by a specific artist. Why am I explaining this to you? Why are you even on this forum, Volcanon?!

And Secretgiant, you should know better. It may be insignificant to you, but it might be of interest to others, which is why I posted it. If you don't care, just ignore the post - there's no reason to be a jackass. I personally don't know why there is such a big effort on this site towards getting the UPC and product codes on various magic boxes, but I've contributed quite a few codes to the project because I know it is of interest to SOMEONE in the community.

And just in case there is anyone out there who DOES actually care, they are ALL like that, and personally, I think that's pretty interesting.

Squt
Hi Mark.
I'm 100% behind you ;-) I wish some others Members will be thinking like you to contribute to the All MTG International Community instead of thinking Only about themselves ;-D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:09 pm

squt, I agree. At the same time, I find it humorous when people rip on others about what they like, then confess to collecting bulk safe havens or something of the like (I'm not fingering anyone else out, just an example) Quite honestly, what is the use of any card that you don't use in a deck?

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Re: An oops in my Legions pre-con

Post by Mr.C » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:11 am

squt wrote:I recently won a box of Italian precons from Legions, and was thumbing through the elf deck, only to find a Snarling Undorak towards the back of the pack. At first, I thought "man, is there an elf-beast I forgot about"? But after a little more checking, I found that it was in the deck instead of taunting elf. Which was kind of sad, since I know so many RG collectors.

I'm not sure if all Italian Legions pre-cons are like this, but I will open another elf deck to find out!

Squt
Similar to that, i have opened portuguese Onslaught boosters with Spanish Chain of Vapor in it. I do not know the spanish/portuguese ratio in the boosters, but it is VERY strange. you see many more spanish Chain of Vapor in brazil, then portuguese ones. really wierd.

squt

Post by squt » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:32 am

dry cereal wrote:squt, I agree. At the same time, I find it humorous when people rip on others about what they like, then confess to collecting bulk safe havens or something of the like (I'm not fingering anyone else out, just an example) Quite honestly, what is the use of any card that you don't use in a deck?
I was pretty surprised to see Volcanon had a post in the trading forum looking for foreign versions of 3 cards he collects...

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:18 am

Hey no disrespect. I saw that I had the opportunity to first-post on a low-impact thread, and I took it. The worst I wanted to do was roll my eyes, that's not so bad, and speaking of which, why is there no eye-roll smilie and was there ever one even???
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:49 pm

The Italian Pre-cons that I am getting I doubt I will open, just for the record. So you'll probably have to open the second one of yours just to check..;-)

Mine will probably join my sealed German pre-cons, which keep falling under my computer desk...I don't have enough of these to really have a 'home' for them.

Gryfalia

PS - this is as close to rolleyes as you can get here :-/

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:05 am

http://forums.magiclampoon.com/index.php?showtopic=1949

I want the smilie from the first post!!!!!!!!

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:48 am

secretgiant wrote:http://forums.magiclampoon.com/index.php?showtopic=1949

Image?

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:59 am

Mr.C wrote:
secretgiant wrote:http://forums.magiclampoon.com/index.php?showtopic=1949

Image?
I want this smilie, sorry to hijack the thread Image