ZOMG SCANXORZ ~ Alternat art "Sword of Kaldera" fr

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

justkitteh
Librarities Member

ZOMG SCANXORZ ~ Alternat art "Sword of Kaldera" fr

Post by justkitteh » Wed May 10, 2006 3:59 am

SCAN LINK ON PAGE 3

So today my friend found a pack, after he somehow managed to drive over it... it was Mirroden, so he gave it to me. What an *******. Anyway, he figured it was neat, because all of the cards were folded over together, and as it was Mirroden there really was no reason to open it. It tore open in my bag on the way home. (It was already almost there so it didn't take much.) So I had a look through the cards...

The rare was a foil Sword of Kaldra... I didn't really pay it any mind.

About half an hour later I got to thinking about the art... I'm not one to keep track of crap, but thinking back I was almost sure that the art was from the PR version, it is.

So was there an alternate art foil sword available in packs or is this actually something worth this post?

Sorry for the bad quality pic.
Last edited by justkitteh on Sun May 14, 2006 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Wed May 10, 2006 4:55 am

Does it have a date on it?

No, its not normally availible in packs. If it has no date, you have an item thats worth a 'couple' of dollars ;)

justkitteh
Librarities Member

Post by justkitteh » Wed May 10, 2006 5:04 am

There is infact no date.

However, as you read in my fanciful little story, it's anything but mint.

I still think it's worth something, specially as there doesn't seem to be any other instance of this card on the net that I can find

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Wed May 10, 2006 5:51 am

I would be interested in it if it has no date, even if it is trashed. Are you looking to get rid of it?

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Wed May 10, 2006 6:15 am

New forum member.
Completely unheard of item.
Unusual story.
Unbelievably crappy pic.
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Wed May 10, 2006 6:30 am

Hi.
While it seems possible that the Prerelease exist with No Date.One technical question,there's strictly No Date,or the mark of the stamp with no ink?The only point,that really amazed me,is that you found it in a Mirrodin Booster :-O
Can you provide a better scan of the card?Thanks.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

justkitteh
Librarities Member

Post by justkitteh » Wed May 10, 2006 7:04 am

I am interested in getting rid of it. I made a thread with a short list of haves and wants...

Incidently I'll try to get a better scan at work next time I'm there, I wasn't thinking about it today and wouldn't have had time, we were running behind on eBay so we were doing that...

Why would I make up a story? For a few laughs? I'm not a freshman in highschool... I'm the head of the Foil/Signed/Oddity department at a Wizards Premire Store... ;P

Don't get me wrong, I hate forums and the trolls as well... but you know.

www.eudemonia.net - I'm not one of them.

EDIT: No stamp at all, not just ink missing.

justkitteh
Librarities Member

Post by justkitteh » Wed May 10, 2006 9:33 am

Any idea as to what it might be worth? Sure it's not mint... but the other one without a date is ~$100, and that's something you can find relatively easily, this isn't.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Wed May 10, 2006 4:06 pm

Problem is, there's no way to prove that what you have was pulled from a pack or received at a pre-release. Whoever buys it will have the same problem, so it can't ever be worth more than any other one without a pre-release stamp. Much less, actually, if you ran over it with a car.

Squt

justkitteh
Librarities Member

Post by justkitteh » Wed May 10, 2006 9:24 pm

squt wrote:Problem is, there's no way to prove that what you have was pulled from a pack or received at a pre-release. Whoever buys it will have the same problem, so it can't ever be worth more than any other one without a pre-release stamp. Much less, actually, if you ran over it with a car.

Squt
That's fair, but that doesn't stop people going on about what set their filler cards are from... Which incidently, is even more arbitraty.

Even if I got it from the Pre Release, why would I go and make up a story about it? It's still the only known dateless Sword, rather then a card plentiful enough to find in online stores.

I wasn't playing magic from MM to 5D or so... I wasn't at the Pre Release.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Wed May 10, 2006 10:18 pm

That's fine to say, but there's no way any owner of that card can prove that. If I were in the market for such a card, I wouldn't value it any higher than any other pre-release card without a stamp.

It's a nice story, and certainly stranger things have happened, but I don't know that the origin of this sort of thing makes it worth more. Others on this forum might disagree.

sqtu

justkitteh
Librarities Member

Post by justkitteh » Wed May 10, 2006 10:32 pm

I don't think it being from a pack changes anything... price wise anyway... I think it being the only known one does.

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Wed May 10, 2006 10:59 pm

Archivist wrote:New forum member.
Unusual story.
Unbelievably crappy pic.
Definite willingness to sell (not just asking for information).
Replying to oneself hours later to "up" the thread.
Spamming link to online sales site.
Setting a price-point.
Hyping supposed rarity.

And who's ever heard of someone being "head of the Foil/Signed/Oddity department " anyway?
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade

justkitteh
Librarities Member

Post by justkitteh » Thu May 11, 2006 1:29 am

Archivist wrote:
Archivist wrote:New forum member.
Unusual story.
Unbelievably crappy pic.
Definite willingness to sell (not just asking for information).
Replying to oneself hours later to "up" the thread.
Spamming link to online sales site.
Setting a price-point.
Hyping supposed rarity.

And who's ever heard of someone being "head of the Foil/Signed/Oddity department " anyway?
Do you need help getting that sand out of your vagina, or can you manage alone? If someone wants to buy it, as im new here and I'm sure the other person will have many more refferances of reliability, I'll have no problem sending the card first... and if theres a date on it... you can just send it back and not pay me.

Definit willingness to sell? thats because I PLAY magic, and cards I can play with are strictly better then shiny ones that sit in my binder... replying to myself to up the thread? sorry bucko, I'm pretty sure there were NO posts made in this forum between my first and second posts... bumbing from #1 to #1 seems something not worth doing to me... :/

I think theres a difference between mentioning where I work in an effort to solidify my existance and spamming... ZOMG SHOP HEREZZZDFMSLIHGFL douche face.

Setting a price point? Lets go look at HALF of the threads in this section and point out that you're an ass bag. :D

I'm simply expressing that I feel this card is harder to find... that's like last week when someone got all pissy when I wouldn't trade a foil Land Grant for a foil Congregation at Dawn, "Eeeeh but yours is only common, mines uncommon!" He had an excuse tho, are you 12?

edit: I mentioned getting a better image:
I'll get a SCAN this weekend, how many DPI would make you guys happy. :P

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Thu May 11, 2006 2:27 am

Needs more lurking.