P3 Volunteer Militia Japanese

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

P3 Volunteer Militia Japanese

Post by Volcanon » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:17 am

My extensive search of old posts here and squts list havent shown anything, so it seems that the japanese Volunteer Militia (W 1/2 Creature - Soldier) is missing the 'shadow' that all of the old cards had for their name. It is just white.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: P3 Volunteer Militia Japanese

Post by dragsamou » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:51 am

Volcanon wrote:My extensive search of old posts here and squts list havent shown anything, so it seems that the japanese Volunteer Militia (W 1/2 Creature - Soldier) is missing the 'shadow' that all of the old cards had for their name. It is just white.
Hi.
From Squt's list.
JP P3K name oops
This Japanese Portal 3 Kingdoms common(#30) is completely missing the black shadow ink in its name.
There's a bunch of known Misprints in P3K ;-)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:18 am

Woot. Well they were sloppy with Japanese. Not sure about the rest.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:49 am

Volcanon wrote:Woot. Well they were sloppy with Japanese. Not sure about the rest.
Hi.
Regarding P3K Japanese Misprints.Thanks to Squt ;-)
In Japanese Portal Three Kingdoms, EVERY land is #166/180, and only one of them is correct!

TWO Japanese P3K rares are missing the number entirely - #10, Kongming's Contraptions, and #7 Guan Yu's 1000-Li March!

This Japanese Portal 3 Kingdoms common(#30)Volunteer Militia is completely missing the black shadow ink in its name.

Japanese Portal Three Kingdoms Zodiac Rabbit: Card type "Rabbit"

Japanese P3K - number 104 'Burning of Xinye' has number 124 in the Japanese set.

This last one is for Mark:
I have heard reports that the Japanse Lu Bu from P3K has the wrong number, but cannot confirm it.
I confirm,that the Japanese LU Bu Master is numbered 114 ;-)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:32 pm

There are twenty-some red p3 japanese that have the wrong collectors number.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:57 pm

Yeah - this is really funny that it has come up right now, but I've been in the process of tracking down all of the Japanese P3K red cards with the wrong number with the help of Volcannon over the last couple of weeks. Near as I can tell, here's what happened:

Burning of Xinye was printed as "wildfire". It has the same Japanese characters as the card wildfire, so it's a double-misprint (because it has the wrong number).

Somebody somehow noticed that 'wildfire' should go towards the end of the set, and moved it from #104 to #124, exactly where a card starting with "W" should have been.

As a consequence, every Japanese P3K card between 104 and 124 have the incorrect number.

Crazy, huh?

I have the feeling there are few other misprints on P3K rares that are still out there on Japanese, S Chinese, and T Chinese. I collected a set of English and only a handful of asian.

Squt