When is a card a Miscut?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

-=Renegade=-

When is a card a Miscut?

Post by -=Renegade=- » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:39 pm

I`d jsut searched my collection for Miscuted, off-centered cards and i found a few ones. But now i'm asking myself: When counts a card as miscuted or off centered and how much more is it worth?

See this scans here please:

I'm pretty sure that Spore Flower and Erosion are Miscuts. The Borders are easy recognizable off-centered.

But I'm not sure about the two cards on the bottom.
The Face down card (Black Card with Black Border, so hard to Recognize :-/) has a bigger Top Border, and the Feldscher has a bigger right border.

Are these off-centered too?

thx, Renegade
Last edited by -=Renegade=- on Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:19 pm

I think those are more "mis-centred" than "mis-cut".

-=Renegade=-

Re: When is a card a Miscut?

Post by -=Renegade=- » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:40 pm

Volcanon wrote:I think those are more "mis-centred" than "mis-cut".
Thx but this doesn't answer my question
-=Renegade=- wrote:I'd jsut searched my collection for Miscuted, off-centered cards and i found a few ones. But now i'm asking myself: When counts a card as miscuted or off centered and how much more is it worth?
And what is the difference between miscuted and off-centered? For me, if the card isn't cut normal, it is miscuted. It's rather off-centered for me if the card front hasn't the same borders then the back, cause then it is placed false

But thats just my interpretation

Jess
Legendary Wet Dreams Tokens Creator

Post by Jess » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:22 am

Miscut cards are worth more than standard, "well-cut" cards only if the alteration is extreme (i.e. 2 or more cards on the same one). In the case of "mis-centered" cards, they're worth less, in general.
Artist for Neo-Token.

arctanx

Post by arctanx » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:37 pm

For me a miscut has to show a second card or has to have miscut edges. All four cards on the pictures are off-centered in my opinion. I'm somewhat collecting miscuts, and I wouldn't give more than the normal value for an off-centered card.
If a bit of a second card is visible, I'm starting to consider to give 0.5EUR for it.