Is there a list of standard misprints?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

jacQues

Is there a list of standard misprints?

Post by jacQues » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:13 pm

Is there a list anywhere of standard misprints?
Only Arabian Nights misprints (most, not even all) are listed on the WotC site.

A few examples:

Desert (Arabian Nights)
Misprint: dot in art

Atog (Antiquities)
Misprint: "X" in art

Runesword (The Dark)
Misprint: hair over textbox

Maybe I am blind, but I could not find such list on this site (or anywhere else for that matter). :(

jacQues

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:42 pm

Squt's Magic Misprint Page is what you're looking for.

jacQues

Post by jacQues » Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:04 pm

Tha_Gunslinga wrote:Squt's Magic Misprint Page is what you're looking for.
That is a nice site indeed. But my (well known) examples aren't even listed. :-/

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:49 pm

Dang!

I thought they were - I will update.

I think you would have a hard time finding a more comprehensive list than the last page of my site.

I know Ralph is working on a misprint section for this site, but it's in the development stage. Until then, you're stuck with my ugly, disorganized list.

Squt

-=Renegade=-

Post by -=Renegade=- » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:39 am

Maybe the Atog isn't on the list because it is no Standard Misprint. I checked my Atogs, and only 3 have this X, 10 hadn't. So you can say about 25% have the X, the rest don't. (Maybe the percentage is different, I can only say for the few I have, maybe someone else has them too and can confirm or disprove this)
But I'd say the X Atogs are harder to get.

Peace
-=R=-

jacQues

Post by jacQues » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:52 am

-=Renegade=- wrote:Maybe the Atog isn't on the list because it is no Standard Misprint. I checked my Atogs, and only 3 have this X, 10 hadn't. So you can say about 25% have the X, the rest don't. (Maybe the percentage is different, I can only say for the few I have, maybe someone else has them too and can confirm or disprove this)
But I'd say the X Atogs are harder to get.

Peace
-=R=-
It is a standard misprint because the misprint happened on the printing sheet. There are four Atogs on the common printing sheet so probably one of them has the 'X' and the other three don't. A non-standard misprint would be one that doesn't occur on the printing sheet itself and would therefore be much rarer.

jacQues

-=Renegade=-

Post by -=Renegade=- » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:34 pm

Ok, thanks for the defination, I always thought Standard Misprints are only if all cards have this error. But with the matter that there were 4 Atogs on the printing sheet, it could possible be that only one had the X. This would fit with my 25% theory. But at least they seems to be harder to get.

Peace
-=R=-

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:57 pm

jaQues -

I'm curious about where you came up with these definitions - "standard" vs "non-standard" misprints.

Squt

-=Renegade=-

Post by -=Renegade=- » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:24 pm

What would your defination be?

Can anyone tell me what is the real defination. I'm a bit confused now.
And how is this with f.e. German Ebony Charm, there are two versions (One with Korrigierte Version as Flavourtext)
Is this now Standard Misprint because on one Print Sheet was this error or isn't it because there is a non error version

thx

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:27 pm

Standard means that a significant amount of the print run was like that.
Generally they're either cards where all are like that, such as incorrect casting costs, wrong/misspelled artists, incorrect text, etc.

"Unique" misprints are infinitely rarer, though there may be multiple examples of one. Miscuts, crimps, and most inking errors fall into this category.

NightBeing
Librarities Member

Post by NightBeing » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:45 pm

[quote="Tha_Gunslinga"]Standard means that a significant amount of the print run was like that.
Generally they're either cards where all are like that, such as incorrect casting costs, wrong/misspelled artists, incorrect text, etc.

"Unique" misprints are infinitely rarer, though there may be multiple examples of one. Miscuts, crimps, and most inking errors fall into this category.[/quote]

What is inking error? I wonder because I though that's what a "splash" of blue on significant amount of Masques Trip is. When I saw it first, I thought it is just someone spilled something on the card. Until I saw at least a half-dozen identical ones in my pile of MM commons.
The CheeseshireCat