common cards missprinted in dissension

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

John_Hannibal_Smith_01

common cards missprinted in dissension

Post by John_Hannibal_Smith_01 » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:20 pm

As the title of the thread says, I got these 10 common cards totally missprinted as you can see there :

I was advised on mtg salvation to post them here, being told that you may be interested.

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:06 am

This is outrageous - surely one of the most interesting and unexpected batch of new misprints I expect to see in 07. With higher resolution scans to verify NM condition, and if you sent first, I would be more than happy to pay you PLEASE SEE PM.
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:32 pm

What are people's thoughts on the possibility that these were 'made' by the seller?

Mr. Nightmare
Librarities Hero

Post by Mr. Nightmare » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:19 pm

squt wrote:What are people's thoughts on the possibility that these were 'made' by the seller?
Do you know a way to only remove the black ink from a card, leaving the other colors (and the guild watermark) there? I do a lot of card modification, and I don't know how. I'd guess these are real misprints.

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:23 pm

Me too - my guess is that they're legit.

I've pulled some faded cards from Time Spiral packs recently, including a batch of commons where the casting cost was very faded. I think it's pretty exceptional that there are some completely textless cards here.

Squt

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:06 pm

Can the OP please provide better scans?

tsanchan

misprints in foreign languages

Post by tsanchan » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:15 pm

somehow these misprints are more common in foreign languages. maybe it's because they print less in their presses, they tend to be less careful etc? i doubt this bad of a misprint would make out of the print in usa. am i wrong?

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:58 am

In PMs I was told that one of his neighbors in France matched my offer and so he sold to him, so I doubt he is still on the boards :(
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all