offer for sheet

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Re: offer for sheet

Post by dry cereal » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:42 pm

ok, he says he has 2, one I bought and one a little damaged.  I'll yoink them both and get back to you.
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Lord_of_Llanowar

Post by Lord_of_Llanowar » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:10 am

i might be interested in this too, alltough im not really loaded :)

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Post by hammr7 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:03 am

Ben,

Should I outbid you on the two???  ;D
Where have all the Magic sticker sets gone?

dry cereal

Post by dry cereal » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:35 am

I already won the one and he is selling me the 2 together.

I'm finding out where they came from now.

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Post by rick21n » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:45 am

I am interested in one as well.. for a friend who collects MTG Cats... this would just be an interesting addition to his Cat Collection.

Drop me a PM if you have one for sale.

- Rick

mahdishain
Librarities Legend

Post by mahdishain » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:21 am

greetings

i purchased one of these sheets on ebay not knowing truly what i was buying. when i recieved it i stilll did not know for sure what i had so i emailed the seller for more info. here is his reply:

Mahdishain,
Thanks for your interest (again) in my item. Here's the scoop as far as I know with them.
I worked at a packaging plant in IL called Production Packaging (It was bought out and is now Peacock Engineering - and of course they canned me and the other managers first.... that's another story). We packed out all kinds of items like gift sets, pop up displays, food items, and various games. We did a job with WOTC on a game called "What Were You Thinking Game". Our company ordered all the litho sheets and parts, etc., and on some shipments coming in on those game cards, the cover of the pallets had all kinds of cool uncut sheets from many different card games and things. It's been like 3 years or so since I have been with them,  but the main graphic companies we've dealt with were: Carti Mundi & Graphic Converting both out of our area in IL.. I can only assume that they are printed different items on the back sides because they may have been sheets they ran through the presses or through some process to set up or something

i think that it can safely be assumed that this is a wizard's product that was never meant for release. my thought is that it might have been the result of wizards
testing a printer and rejecting the results.  the sheets were scrap and ended up on an outgoing pallet and were expected to be discarded but were salvaged instead.  the sheet has color bars along one edge and says " proporty of w.o.t.c." (sic). my other uncut sheets all say "this is the property of wizards of the coast" or "this is property of wizards of the coast"

my main question about this sheet is whether it represents the correct layout of a 5th edition uncommon sheet?  if anyone has access to a real sheet i would appreciate information.

i am a minor uncut sheet collector (with bold aspirations)
i also possess a mirage common 2 sheet, a tempest common sheet, and an arena sheet.  if anyone is interested in sharing info about uncut sheets i would be grateful.

thanks!
practice peace

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:30 am

Posted by: van8888 Posted on: Jul 19th, 2004, 10:04pm
Is there any indication of where they should be cut?  And how would someone go about cutting it, anyway?  
Let me clarify:  I WAS NOT implying that I would cut them.  I agree, that would be unholy.

dry cereal

Post by dry cereal » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:53 am

what do you suppose the price is?