Hold the Line from CoK misprint/crimp?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

bigbob585
Librarities Member

Hold the Line from CoK misprint/crimp?

Post by bigbob585 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:16 pm

I'm just curious about this card as I have 3 of them all with the same crimp looking shape in the top left of the card (about 3/4"). it's not a crimp but almost like something that was cutting the sheets was off a little bit as crimps don't go vertical but only cover a tiny bit of the card.

Is there anything that would affect a card so and if so what is it? also what would it be worth as if i have 3 than one of the others i have should make it at least 4. btw.. these all came out of the same case of booster boxes

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:25 pm

Are the cards english?
If I recall correctly some asian expansions had a boosterpack sealing that ran perpendicular to the usual one, with fewer lines as well.

magic-belgium
Librarities Legend

Re: Hold the Line from CoK misprint/crimp?

Post by magic-belgium » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:44 pm

bigbob585 wrote:I'm just curious about this card as I have 3 of them all with the same crimp looking shape in the top left of the card (about 3/4"). it's not a crimp but almost like something that was cutting the sheets was off a little bit as crimps don't go vertical but only cover a tiny bit of the card.

Is there anything that would affect a card so and if so what is it? also what would it be worth as if i have 3 than one of the others i have should make it at least 4. btw.. these all came out of the same case of booster boxes
Could you scan or take a picture of it ?

bigbob585
Librarities Member

Post by bigbob585 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 am

The part is in the top left of the front and top right of the back. each card has a little bit less of a crimp mark but it's still there.

as you see it's not a crimp because the mark only came in from the front and pushed out on the back

FRONT
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/ ... an0014.jpg

BACK
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/ ... an0015.jpg

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:24 pm

That's a postal machine mark, just fyi.