Need 2 fillers (have some too)

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Celebrindor

Need 2 fillers (have some too)

Post by Celebrindor » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:44 pm

I need a filler '4' and an '8' - 8 being the all gray one, and 4 being the one with the bb white front, and an all black back.  I have a few spares.

Also, I have 2 fillers not listed on the site - if I can get scans, would you put them up, Ralph?

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Need 2 fillers (have some too)

Post by dragsamou » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:58 pm

I need a filler '4' and an '8' - 8 being the all gray one, and 4 being the one with the bb white front, and an all black back.  I have a few spares.

Also, I have 2 fillers not listed on the site - if I can get scans, would you put them up, Ralph?
Hi Evan  :)
New Fillers not on the Site,please let me know,as I have all of the ones on Magic Rarities,I'm more than interested   ;)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:04 pm

Hi Evan  :)
New Fillers not on the Site,please let me know,as I have all of the ones on Magic Rarities,I'm more than interested   ;)
One of them is essentially a filler '11' with the 1/2-inch or so on the right side white (as in, there is no foil material there).  The other is a filler '10' that is miscut horizontally.  

On a side note, the 'mostly foil' filler was pointed out to me by another forums member, who also has one.  Mine has several unsightly scratches on it, so im looking for another, and my filler '12' shows some wear, so i'm looking for another one of them too.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:30 pm

One of them is essentially a filler '11' with the 1/2-inch or so on the right side white (as in, there is no foil material there).  The other is a filler '10' that is miscut horizontally.  

On a side note, the 'mostly foil' filler was pointed out to me by another forums member, who also has one.  Mine has several unsightly scratches on it, so im looking for another, and my filler '12' shows some wear, so i'm looking for another one of them too.
Hi Evan.
Regarding the Filler 11.You mean a Foil Filler with a White Strip,I know where these come from,this is a very old E-Mail from the Original Owner,I have also the Original Scan Scan from him  ;)
Hi there,
The reason the picture is different is that I sold one of these all foil cards before and got a complaint. They said I was making the cards in my basement by using acetone on the card and somehow peeling off the colored layers. The cards are from one of the printers test sheets so I used a card that was on the outside border to better show what it is. The outside border
cards have a strip of white paper on them (what it looks like underneath the foil layer). This helped the guy understand that I wasn't making them on my own.
Regarding Filler 10,you mean the Back is Miscut,as this Filler is totally White on the Front,well,I suspect these as Fake Fillers.
I believe,if there's a New Filler to add,it's maybe the 2 Versions of  Filler 5,one with a Shiny Black on the Front and the other with a Normal Black.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

Celebrindor

Post by Celebrindor » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:43 am

When I first got the miscut-backed fillers, there was a discussion on the possibility that it was faked, and as far as I can tell, it is genuine.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:57 pm

Celebrindor: No. Misprinted filler cards are no genuine cards but unplanned printing variations of existing cards. Covering them comprehensively by image is futile (note that this line of thinking may contradict the current way of presentation of the prerelease misprints, so a change might be warranted in the future). I will add some information about the partially unfoiled white filler cards, though. I have heard about them from different sources and believe they are real.

dragsamou: Thank you for the explanation. I am a little puzzled, though, because your contact claimed these cards were part of a test print run, which would classify them as test prints.

Can somebody with a better knowledge of printing processes explain who likely this is and what exactly might have been tested to create such a card as a result? For example, if it has been a simple foil layer test, why did they print the backsides?

dragsamou (again): You mentioned two versions of the black filler card. Please elaborate.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:25 pm

dragsamou: Thank you for the explanation. I am a little puzzled, though, because your contact claimed these cards were part of a test print run, which would classify them as test prints.

Can somebody with a better knowledge of printing processes explain who likely this is and what exactly might have been tested to create such a card as a result? For example, if it has been a simple foil layer test, why did they print the backsides?

dragsamou (again): You mentioned two versions of the black filler card. Please elaborate.
Hi Ralph.
Most of the Real Foil Fillers are Test Prints,I just send you an E-Mail with the Scan  ;)I will try to get back in touch with my contact,but,he doesn't work anymore at the Printing section,I believe.Also,this is a Crucial info to know about Real Foil Filler Cards:
The problem with these test cards is that once you get a
fingerprint on them, it never comes off. All you've got to do is touch the face of the card and the clear foil image is permanently marred by the finger print. Keeping them in sleeves or touching them only by the edge of
the card is the only way to prevent this from happening.
Regarding the Black Filler Card,I have 2 Versions,one extremely Shiny almost like a Foil,and the other with a normal moderate Black.
I guess 2 Scans will do better,I will send them this W.E.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.