Re: Filler Cards for Sale

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:45 am

As I already said, I suspect that would leave markings on the back.  None are present on these.

--J
Hi.
I have 4 Fake Fillers,and none of them have marks on the back,not mentioning that some Fake Blank Fillers are coming from MTG cards that you just need to peel off
the Foil layer,and this very easily. ;)
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:18 pm

Well, the kid I bought them from had bought three cases because he wanted a foil Birds (which, coincidentally, he said he didn't get), and that there were occasional blanks in the common, frequent blanks in the uncommon, and very occasional blanks in the rare slot in all of the boxes.

Er, I think I get what you mean--no, this was not "he opened a booster and found 15 blanks."

--J
Dan:  I received your PM and reviewed the cards via the scans you provided.  There is no need to send me one for personal review as I can easily confirm these as fakes/man-made just from the scans.  A filler card will be devoid of all ink discoloration and be purely white on the card front. Zooming in on the front, you can easily see in the lower left corner, residual ink pixels left over.  They are bluish in color, proving the black in the border area was faded or washed in these few missed pixels.  The sleeved pic has the same pixelation in the lower left as well, although the sleeve scan came out a pinkish hue.  What definitely gave these away as fakes/man made are the backs.  Nearly all edges on the back have chemical wash marks on the back.  Your sleeveless scan is upside down, but I will point out defects as if viewing the card normally upright.  The marks are along the bottom of the card mid way, the top right, and god awful all down the right spine.  The extra chemical damage on the right also shows the card was picked up from the left side, thereby exposing the right to more acetone as it would have been dipped in.  The sleeved pictures show the same levels of chemical damage.  Your digitals show me nothing more I need to see.  Hopefully you did not give an arm and a leg for these as you have been taken by faked blank cards made from real M:TG cards.

I am often used here to validate cards or rate card conditions (most of these privately), and I hold much credibility in the community to do so, even via scans alone.

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:23 pm

Oh, and wouldn't this also rub some of the ink off of the back, even if you were very, very careful?  There's no sign of that on these.

--J
I wanted to point out that there is damage on the cards you scanned in.  Not visible by the naked eye, but upon reviewing the scans, damage on the back is easily seen on almost all sides.  Low grade counterfeiting.  Dilligaf is correct.  There is a way to prevent damage on the back whatsoever, but I am not going to divulge that info here as the world already sees enough fakes and poorly made fakes are so easy to spot.

Jouster

Post by Jouster » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:25 pm

Well, I took another look at the card I scanned, and wiped away some of the "marks" with my finger; they were just dust.  Nonetheless, I randomly chose another blank (so you couldn't recognize its markings) and set it next to an Eternal Witness that has been sitting in shrinkwrap for a couple months (that I know is genuine, because I popped the twenty-plus cases we used to make all those sets).  Here are the (ginormous, 600-dpi) images, can you tell the difference?

Backs (view this first): 6,143 kB
Fronts: 3,070 kB

Mintcollector, would you mind taking a look at a few of these, after all?  I really don't think the kid I got these from was smart enough to lie.  lol

--J