1998 World Championship Filler Card

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

iamca

Re: 1998 World Championship Filler Card

Post by iamca » Wed May 05, 2004 10:51 pm

Sorry Mintcollector but you are wrong, dead wrong, or whomever you contacted is.

this card is real and I will try to get a better scan for all who are interested.

And by all your reaction I'd have to conclude that this card is rather rare/one of a kind, so I think I'll try to get ahold of wizards to see what they have to say about it.

the big scan of the M is 1200 dpi fyi.

This is the pic..it is about 5mb and realy close, so you can see everything: (Look below for link_

iamca

Post by iamca » Thu May 06, 2004 12:06 am

Hello all, I've just sent Wizards a message for them to check the card, so can you hold off on checking my site for a day or two so that my transfer limit is available for them to view the picture.

Thanks.   ;D

Muldoon
Legendary Dragon Whelp Master

Post by Muldoon » Thu May 06, 2004 12:12 am

How about uploading it to another free host with more than 5 mb bandwith allowed? Like angelfire.com.
Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/TS/Test/Misprinted wanted!

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Thu May 06, 2004 12:47 am

I may have just lost $27 on a BIN on Ebay for such a card, but it was advertised as a Foil Test card, not filler, and was not thinking clear on it either.   :D  
All I saw was BIN, and TEST card, so I took it before anyone else could.  hehe  I emailed Alexis and Ralph as soon as I found and bought it, but now I am starting to realize I made a mistake.  Lack of sleep from watching hockey playoffs is taking my toll on me.  Oh well, I buy a few less drinks, and I get a card in exchange.  hehe  The foolishness of playoff times   ::)
Hi Silver.
Are you talking about the Foil Filler Card that you bought
There's no problems with it,except the 24$ that you spent,you can get them from 2/10$  ;D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

iamca

Post by iamca » Thu May 06, 2004 1:12 am

Thanks for the info Muldoon.

here is the large pic of the card

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/mtg/1998_World_Large.htm

Muldoon
Legendary Dragon Whelp Master

Post by Muldoon » Thu May 06, 2004 1:32 am

Looks much better up close, too bad it hasnt got the right printing matrix :P
EDIT: Can someone or iamca upload a pic that shows the printing matrix of any other card from that deck?
Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/TS/Test/Misprinted wanted!

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Thu May 06, 2004 1:34 am

Thanks for the info Muldoon.

Here are the pics on Agelfire.
Hmm... I like how now the M is no longer off-center and the edges are cleaned up.

I think all we're doing is teaching this guy how to make better fakes. Why are we still feeding the troll?
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Thu May 06, 2004 4:01 am

I am personally willing to believe this card is legitimate. I was wary of the small image myself, but the huge image looks good enough to pass in my opinion. motorcitymagic is correct that there seem to be differences between both images, but I wish to note that images become distorted a little when being shrunk. Just do the test yourself,   behold the large image with a picture viewer, zoom out, and you will see what I mean.

iamca: I would like to hear a little more about the circumstances at which you found this card. Where did you get the deck from, had it been factory-sealed or can you otherwise confirm that it had not been tampered with when you got it, which other cards have been in the deck, how many copies of this card have been in the deck, which card has this card replaced, at which position was the card placed in the deck, have there been any noteworthy discrepencies between this deck and any other deck of this kind?

iamca

Post by iamca » Thu May 06, 2004 4:18 am

Finaly someone can see the light. Ralph, I baught a 1998 World championship deck at my local card shop. the deck box was factory sealed, it was a Brian selden(the world champ at the time) deck. The M card was the last card in the stack, all the cards were in the deck none were missing, but this one was added. My friend and the card shop owner both had opened this same championship deck box and neither of them received this card in the box.

And here is another scan of one the Underground River card for the person who wanted another card to compair. http://www.angelfire.com/ult/mtg/1998_World_UR.htm

and Motor the card must have been distorted when shrunk because this is the exact same card I scanned for both pictures

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Thu May 06, 2004 4:43 am

Why is it that I can't see none of the link's images -_-

iamca

Post by iamca » Thu May 06, 2004 4:46 am

Well it seems angefire has disabled my account. Hmm, maybe they think its a copyright infringement or something posting the pictures of the cards.

I changed the links above, they should work now.

Well Angelfire keeps shutting down my links, so I hope you got both the pictures Ralph.

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Thu May 06, 2004 5:05 am

I have hosted the big image of the card: http://www.magiclibrary.net/temp/wc-filler-card.jpg

mintcollector
Librarities Legend

Post by mintcollector » Thu May 06, 2004 9:02 pm

Hmm... I like how now the M is no longer off-center and the edges are cleaned up.

I think all we're doing is teaching this guy how to make better fakes. Why are we still feeding the troll?
I agree.  The original image was off center to the left and down.  This second image no longer this way.  Hmm....nice editing!  The jagged edge is also fixed.  This is blatantly "touched up" the image, or you simply made a better one that I find it laughable.

fake fake fake fake fake!

....and a liar to boot!

silver.paladin
Librarities Legend

Post by silver.paladin » Thu May 06, 2004 9:41 pm

I agree.  The original image was off center to the left and down.  This second image no longer this way.  Hmm....nice editing!  The jagged edge is also fixed.  This is blatantly "touched up" the image, or you simply made a better one that I find it laughable.
I have been looking at this larger picture, and I am finding it hard to believe that it would be fake, not that it could be.  Because, if you look at the large scan, you can see the threads within the colors are interacting with the other colors - it is not a clear cut down the sides.  One in particular (and this is what me think that this is not a cut and paste fake), is on the right hand side where the gold meets the black, about 6 cm down from the top, there is a large thread that goes across the 2 colors. (this is the big picture, before it shrinks down, well at least in shrinks eventually in my browser  ;))  And on the bottom right, there is a mark of some kind moving towards the left and up and you can see it moving into the black, though faintly.

I could of course be completely wrong about all this, but this enhanced picture does not look like cut and paste, possibly washed out acetone style, that I cannot say, but not a cut and paste.
Oct 30, away until further notice

iamca

Post by iamca » Thu May 06, 2004 11:02 pm

Once again, both scans are the same card. the reason why you may think they are different could be one of two things.
one, you need to get your eyes checked.  :o
two, the first scan was angeled to the left and I rotated it to make it strait. Then I shrank the picture so that the file wasnt so big, so I could fit it on my site. (I think the second one is more logical, don't you  :P)
And did anyone get to see the picture of the Underground River scan before they shut down the site?