Locating hard-to-find-cards

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Muldoon
Legendary Dragon Whelp Master

Locating hard-to-find-cards

Post by Muldoon » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:01 am

I thought I should try and get myself a summer Dragon Whelp for my collection, but I don't really know where to look for one.
Has anyone got any ideas as of where you can find rare cards that only exist in very small numbers?
Here's a good place to start I guess, but most people here don't want to let their beauties go ;)
I check eBay several times per week and cardhaus and TNT quite often, but no luck sofar.
Anyway, I appreciate any help/ideas you can give me :)
Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/TS/Test/Misprinted wanted!

hammr7
Librarities Legend

Re: Locating hard-to-find-cards

Post by hammr7 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:55 am

One thing you can try is giving a wish list to big sellers.  They get to see a lot more opportunities than any regular collector, and many of them have enough connections to claim they can find "any" card.  You can start with the usual retailers (like some you named).  Any eBay seller with a few thousand Magic-related feedbacks would be worth dropping anote to.  Finally, since the biggest concentration of summer magic was the UK, you might want to concentrate on some big retailers over there.

If these groups know you will pay a premium for the card, they'll do whatever they can to find it.

Also, ask anyone who is selling any summer magic card on eBay.  If they have one, they might have others.
Where have all the Magic sticker sets gone?

Muldoon
Legendary Dragon Whelp Master

Re: Locating hard-to-find-cards

Post by Muldoon » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:26 pm

I tried one of the sellers who claimed he could find "any" card, but it didn't go that well... He seemed to think that 100-150 was very unreasonable, for a decently good/popular summer uncommon.
Thanks for the tips, I'm directing my attention towards the UK now :)
Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/TS/Test/Misprinted wanted!