Beta Black Lotus Artist Proofs

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Donathan

Beta Black Lotus Artist Proofs

Post by Donathan » Tue May 04, 2004 10:53 pm

I would like to know if there is such a card.I purchased a Beta Black Lotus Artist Proof off of eBay several years back and now I am selling it on eBay.I was told by a viewer that the Beta version of this card doesn't exist and that it is actually a CE Artist Proof.I contacted Ben from Starcitygames and he said that the artist proofs were used for Alpha, Beta, and CE.Does anyone here know for certain?

Muldoon
Legendary Dragon Whelp Master

Re: Beta Black Lotus Artist Proofs

Post by Muldoon » Tue May 04, 2004 11:18 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :)
There was only one kind of proofs printed for Alpha/beta/CE, and there is no name for them.
Some call them beta, some call them alpha and some call them CE... I'd just say they're limited edition proofs.
It doesnt really matter what you write though.
Good luck with the lotus auction ;) Makes me wish I had bought the proof i saw listed with 200 BIN a few years ago :P
Collecting Dragon Whelps! A/FBB/FWB/Summer/Alt4th/IE/TS/Test/Misprinted wanted!

Donathan

Post by Donathan » Wed May 05, 2004 1:07 am

I'm pretty much out of Magic.I got into it because of my son.We spent alot of nights together playing and I would host tournaments.He's 16 now, driving and dating.He doesn't have much time for Magic any more.I got into the collecting part of it for a while and spent thousands of dollars on rare cards.I have misprints. miscuts, complete decks, some unopened, booster packs, complete sets, you name it.I'm currently selling off the real good cards to put back into my new 2003 Mustang Mach 1 (my new hobby).Most of the Alphas I have are mint uncommons and rares, same with the Betas and Unlimiteds.

Erl00
Librarities Legend

Post by Erl00 » Wed May 05, 2004 3:21 pm

Hi and welcome!

Muldoon was right about Beta Aprtist proofs. The only existing artist proofs for the Beta set are the Black Border Square Corner APs, whatever you call them.

Best regards,
Eric.
Please help me finish my Boosters collection