Collecting a CE Artist Proof Set ?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:21 am

Gryfalia wrote:criminally lazy/
cell mate #1: I'm in for killin a guy, what are you in for?
cell mate #2: ...

ArsenicDrone
Librarities Member

Quinton Hoover

Post by ArsenicDrone » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:07 am

A couple of years ago I got a Ball Lightning AP (with sketch on back that I requested - very nice) from Quinton Hoover off eBay, and it took quite a while. I actually dealt with his wife, who was friendly enough, and gave me extra stuff for the wait. According to an artist who is familiar with him, Quinton is cool, which I can attest to from his fan mailing list, but like many artists, disorganized. I would suggest patience with him, as I highly doubt he'd intentionally rip people off.

Eric
owner of a grand total of 0 Beta APs

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Quinton Hoover

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:19 am

ArsenicDrone wrote:According to an artist who is familiar with him, Quinton is cool, which I can attest to from his fan mailing list, but like many artists, disorganized. I would suggest patience with him, as I highly doubt he'd intentionally rip people off.
Hi.
I was thinking the same about Quinton,and is not the Only disorganized Artist :wink: But,when you pay for something,and almost a Year after,you did get nothing,just a Single E-Mail in 10 Monthes,it's no more question of organization,this is a Total Lack of respect for the Fan and the Buyer,and even if it's not intentional at the end I get rip off :(
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

normalbrains
Librarities Member

Post by normalbrains » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:30 am

if you are serious about getting your cards or money back, i would suggest writing an open letter to quinton hoover or christopher rush (or any other artist) about the situation on the official wizards forum for artists in front of their adoring fans. they both post there and im sure they wouldnt want their fan worship threads interrupted with these types of negative stories.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:57 am

normalbrains wrote:if you are serious about getting your cards or money back, i would suggest writing an open letter to quinton hoover or christopher rush (or any other artist) about the situation on the official wizards forum for artists in front of their adoring fans. they both post there and im sure they wouldnt want their fan worship threads interrupted with these types of negative stories.
Hi.
All of my problems with Artists have been solved,even the one with Q.H.When I have a problem,I deal with the person involved directly not on a Forum.Since,I bought these A.P.on Ebay through Paypal,and that I didn't filled any reclamations(I have bought a lot of stuff from Q.H.and exchange mails time to time,we have a Great relation before that Saga),then,I opened an "Ebay reclamation"(that took over 6 Monthes),let know Q.H.about it and said that I will drop the charge as soon as I received the A.P,but No News.Then I just got the money,but over 150$ are missing on the Road :wink:
Not mentioning that I'd rather have my 6 A.P. with Sketches,that I paid for instead of a partial amount of money.I decide to mention that story not to disappoint anyone,but "MTG Artist"are like everyone else,not "Gods" but just Humans with theirs qualities and defaults,and I'd rather have Members to know what can be the experience to deal with some of them.Hopefully,for these few problems that I did get with some of them,I can talk also Gladly about the numerous others that I deal with and that everything is Just Perfect :D
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

dragsamou
Administrator

Post by dragsamou » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:40 pm

dragsamou wrote:Hi Members.
Regarding Quinton Hoover,he never sent me his Full Set of A.P.that I pay over 350$ on Ebay in November 2004.I already have purchased a bunch of stuff from him before without any problems.But,on this last one,I'm really mad at him as he just sent One E-mail,3 monthes ago,mentioning that he had a major computer crash(His favourite excuse)and was still working on my Proofs as I asked and pay for Sketches on the back.
In between,at least,I did get them in another way.To my knowledge,this is supposed to be the last Set that he owns :evil:
Regarding Rob Alexander,took me,7 Monthes to finally get my A.P.with Sketches.
Regarding C.Rush,did wait 8 Monthes before getting my 100 A.P. Collection,but at the end things turns good now,with his ex-wife,selling on Ebay C.Rush A.P.
EDIT:JUNE 2006.
Well,I have finally received the Set of Beta A.P. from Quinton Hoover.
Everything's fine and back on track.Thanks Quinton.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.