over, oversized card.......tale is true??

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

over, oversized card.......tale is true??

Post by AXIOS » Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:48 am

Is this boy's story true?
Were they given out as door prizes?
I have seen large oversized raging goblins and evincards, but never this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTG-Oversize-Viridi ... dZViewItem

too bad his shipping is soo high, otherwise i would want it :(

Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

rick21n
Librarities Legend

Re: over, oversized card.......tale is true??

Post by rick21n » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:05 am

AXIOS wrote:Is this boy's story true?
Were they given out as door prizes?
I have seen large oversized raging goblins and evincards, but never this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MTG-Oversize-Viridi ... dZViewItem

too bad his shipping is soo high, otherwise i would want it :(

Well I believe the theory behind the story. They were going to do something similar at PT:Los Angeles with the over-oversized cards they had at PT:Philly (Sapphire/Clockwork Beast/3 more i don't remember). The ones in Philly were roughly the same build but were two layers thick (a back and a front with velcro to hold them together). I asked for one and he was going to give me one but was told that they were going to be door-prized away at the end of the Pro Tour Season in LA. The shaman may have been similar but I never saw one in Philly.

Tha_Gunslinga
Librarities Legend

Post by Tha_Gunslinga » Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:59 am

I know there are a bunch of different ones out there. The guy already sold the card like half a month ago, too; apparently the buyer backed out.

Lasbrook

Post by Lasbrook » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:36 am

I've actually seen something similar on a guy's MOTL list. It was a "game of the Year" Mistblade Shinobi and had to be about that size, I tried to get some more information from him about it but they never replied.

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:32 pm

has anyone considered maybe he's just really short?

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:55 am

these were also given out @ nats.. they played a big game (for those of you who go to the events, the floor by the featured matches area is now the same as how the table looks.. a "red zone" etc).. and they "gun sling" with the big oversized cards.. and dont take them home.. so they raffle it away

the thing comes up a bit past my hip.. so i'd say 3.5 ft or so tall, ,and about 2 something wide? (perhaps they just blew up an mtg card's centermeter dimension into ft?)

i know @ nats ppl were fighting for the duplicant, the sakura tribe elder, and a few others

©

Danztheman

Post by Danztheman » Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:45 am

Yeah, these were given away at nats. I won some a few. Richard Garfield played vs Darwin Castle on a HUGE floor red/green play mat on the floor (the style you see at PT feature matches). But yeah, i have one of each of the basic lands the decks played. Neither deck played black, but i do have the mountain which is the rarest because only one deck splashed red and i believe there were only 2 of them but i may be mistaken. So i have 2x island, 1x forest, 1x plains, 1x mountain. I'll attach a pic

http://server5.theimagehosting.com/imag ... _cards.jpg
Sign up for an account at www.magicarsenal.com and put me as your referrer (danztheman@gmail.com), that way i'll get 10% of your first purchase from them and you'll get $5 free towards your first order. Everyone wins!