Pro tour stamped cards

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

moxdiamd

Pro tour stamped cards

Post by moxdiamd » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:17 pm

Recently I have come across about 18 of these in a group of cards picked up at a flea market. Most of the cards are from Invasion and Odyssey and unfortunatly are only commons and uncommons.

Is there any value to these cards?

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:20 pm

are these the cards with the small stamps on them?
If os, they aren't worth sh*t
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

moxdiamd

Post by moxdiamd » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:55 pm

AXIOS wrote:are these the cards with the small stamps on them?
If os, they aren't worth sh*t
They may be worth something to somebody. Some may say crimps aren't worth shit because they are damaged. But to some people they are worth alot.

AXIOS
Legendary Fungusaur Collector

Post by AXIOS » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:15 pm

i didn't say the sh.t word ;)
btw, crimps is a factory misprints, a stamp is something, someone put on a card, and therefore devalues a card.
but indeed as you say, value is in the eye of the appropriate collector ;)
Fungusaur legend
find me on facebook: nico jongsma
into all kind of fungusaurs and bog wraiths, especially foreign, misprinted

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:53 am

There are some valuable PT stamped cards. For instance, something to do with Jon Finkle and Tradewind Rider. But sometimes something sensational happens in a match and both parties do something to a key card.

A Morphling that let Kai Budde beat Chris Pikula in the final game of the final match, signed by both players and mabye altered a bit to make it even more memorable, now that would be worth something (this story didn't really happen).
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all

coolio
Librarities Legend

Post by coolio » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:44 am

shrug.. i acquired an exalted angel a few yrs back that had the stamp that looks like the valentines day candy.. heart shape.. and says "Be Mine"

©

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

Post by dry cereal » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:03 pm

yeah, granted I collect garbage, but I think they're pretty cool.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:16 pm

I think Star City had a section on PT Stamped cards some time back, you can always see what they are selling them for. At least I think it was Star City.

I still have my cards somewhere around here...

Gryfalia

AndyCop

Stamped Cards

Post by AndyCop » Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:03 am

I bought a Beta Mind Twist that was apparently stamped in the 1996 World Championships. Story goes that the cards were stamped so that players couldn't cheat, or something along those lines. Does anybody have any more information on this?

-Andy

Danztheman

Post by Danztheman » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:30 am

Its so you cant add in that extra bomb in limited events, otherwise you could just substitute some crazy good card for some pile of crap. I believe every single stamp is different for every event. I really dont think they have any added value, unless like someone posted there is some crazy story behind them. I personally think it may lower the value of the card. I dont know of anyone who collects them, does anyone else know anybody?
Sign up for an account at www.magicarsenal.com and put me as your referrer (danztheman@gmail.com), that way i'll get 10% of your first purchase from them and you'll get $5 free towards your first order. Everyone wins!

Big Games Supply

Post by Big Games Supply » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:04 am

I collect them, however, since you can just go to a rubber stamp store and do it your self, I only get them from buddies of mine who I know went.

james