Havic the Bothering

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Cataclysm
Librarities Member

Havic the Bothering

Post by Cataclysm » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:07 am

I know starter decks sell on eBay for fairly cheap; got one for $12.99. I was wondering the value of singles, especially since there's apparently not really any information on any rarities of the cards. Figured I'd try and complete a set for fun since there's only 90 some cards in the set and I have a deck already, but I'm not anywhere near sure what to offer for them.

dragsamou
Administrator

Re: Havic the Bothering

Post by dragsamou » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:49 am

Cataclysm wrote:I know starter decks sell on eBay for fairly cheap; got one for $12.99. I was wondering the value of singles, especially since there's apparently not really any information on any rarities of the cards. Figured I'd try and complete a set for fun since there's only 90 some cards in the set and I have a deck already, but I'm not anywhere near sure what to offer for them.
Hi.
Regarding Havic the Bothering,a bunch of Members are collecting them on this forum,so you may have a chance to complete a Set.Regarding Rarity some of them are definately a bit harder to get,regarding price,I never sold one as I offer them for free with trade,but I believe a 1$ value could be appropriate in case of a sale.Maybe some others Members have another value in mind that they will share.
Want/Have Lists.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8903
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1515
I Love you Dad.R.I.P.

ende73
Legendary Righteous Phoenix Mage

Post by ende73 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:02 am

To the best of my knowledge all cards are of equal rarity. I used to get lots of repetitions in any single starter (i.e. one starter might easily contain 4 of a certain card and none of another), certainly due to the printing process and subsequent packaging.

I have a lot of extras I could sell or trade for MTG, and I guess a $1 - $2 value for each card is reasonable ($2 for some of the more popular ones such as "Fart of Fury", which I was able to trade to several non-Havic collectors :-) )

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:29 pm

Havic cards fall into one of three rarity levels: uncommon, common, and fixed. Unfortunately, Peter Gray, the creator of the game, was unable to reconstruct the rarity spreadsheet, so this information may be lost in time (unless somebody opens A LOT of decks and calculates a ratio based upon the number of cards ihe found).