Foil Japanese Goblin Matron

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Foil Japanese Goblin Matron

Post by AzureWinter » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:28 am

I've recently got a Foil Japanese Goblin Matron for roughly $100(CAN) in trade. I know it's very hard to find but is it actually worth this much?

I have my personal Japanese Cube (type 4 or whatever it's called) and I traded alot of other Japanese foils for it.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:24 am

you got ripped. its worth $50.
I know, because I just recently got rid of my EX matron for $60 to a guy obsessed with gobbos.

Mr.C
Librarities Legend

Post by Mr.C » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:48 am

uhm.

Did you give a Foil Misdirection, Foil Deed, and some other stuff?

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:49 am

By the way, that matron was won by me on a Yahoo Auctions Japan auction in early May. I paid roughly $10 for a lot of foils which included a foil japanese Engineered Plague and some other stuff. I love knowing Japanese.

Then I sold it to a guy who has some T1 gobs in Vancouver BC. He paid me 150% of what it is worth. Then he went to nats, uh traded it to you, then bragged about it to anybody who would listen. I know he did, cause the store guy here in Vancouver who was one of the dealers at nats told me "yeah he traded it to some guy with an all japanese cube".

Weird how cards go from "Bulk crap foils" to $100. BTW didn't you see it on my sale list? It was there for three months.

BTW... condition EX+ish, mostly back wear and nicks.

AzureWinter
Legendary Flying Green Mana Bird

Post by AzureWinter » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:51 am

lol, i find this world so small all of sudden. And yes, I am the guy who traded my cube stuff for it.

a3up

Post by a3up » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:20 am

Todd, you sure have a way of trying to make others feel bad.

While you're feeling so smug, here's the whole truth...

When Wilson took possession of the card, despite my ridiculing, he flat out stated that it was worth $120 and that he got an amazing deal from you. Seems to me he's more right with his valuation than you are.

So, Wilson traded it at that level. AzureWinter, I don't mean to ruffle your feathers but you traded a fair bit more than $100 for it. Foil Japanese Misdirection = $50 (that's even taking into account the condition), Foil Japanese Deed = $40, Foil Japanese Fire/Ice = $25, Foil Japanese Fact or Fiction = $30.

Even after all this, Wilson is still somewhat upset that he traded it away because he knows just how hard this thing is to find. Todd, just because you fluked out and got it in a pile of junk doesn't mean it's easy to find and doesn't mean it's an overvalued crap foil. Go chat with all those people who paid $50+ for those foil Promo Serra Angels. Cards are worth what someone is willing to pay.

AzureWinter, if you're happy with the deal, even with the overpaying, then that's all that really matters. It's only about money to dealers like me.

Thrond
Librarities Legend

Post by Thrond » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:20 pm

foil japanese misdirection > 100$ (according to the last ebay auctions)

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:07 pm

Ho hum. I wasnt aiming to make him feel bad, it was just an interesting coincidence.