foreign booster boxes

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

dry cereal
Legendary Part of a Complete Breakfast

foreign booster boxes

Post by dry cereal » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:20 am

I'm gonna buy some booster boxes.  Before I do, I have some questions...

because italian and french cards seem to be worth less than english cards, are the booster boxes more reasonable?
second, why are japanese nemesis booster boxes 36 dollars while japanese mirrodin is more like 80?
Thirdly, where is the best place to buy a box?  I remember gamingjim offering a special deal for rarity members, but I donno about that anymore.
Fourthly, I'm spending around 100 dollars on boosters, what do you guys suggest?  I'm definately getting boosters (opening them is like eating candy).  If I can afford 2 boxes of mirrodin (less than 140), that's what I'm about.
Ok, thank you all
I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Re: foreign booster boxes

Post by Archivist » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:51 am

because italian and french cards seem to be worth less than english cards, are the booster boxes more reasonable?

Very hard to find over here in the US. You'd pay a lot to get shipping from overseas.

second, why are japanese nemesis booster boxes 36 dollars while japanese mirrodin is more like 80?

Mirrodin has some damn "sexy" cards, like Chrome Mox and Isochron Sceptre, that look really nice in Japanese. Nemesis isn't so sexy.

Thirdly, where is the best place to buy a box?  I remember gamingjim offering a special deal for rarity members, but I donno about that anymore.

Look for sports card shows in your area. English boxes of the latest set are usually 65-70 each at the ones we have around Detroit.

Fourthly, I'm spending around 100 dollars on boosters, what do you guys suggest?  I'm definately getting boosters (opening them is like eating candy).  If I can afford 2 boxes of mirrodin (less than 140), that's what I'm about.
Ok, thank you all

If you PM me with what sets you are looking for, I have a lot of boxes and maybe we could work something out. Otherwise, you should be able to find 2 boxes on eBay for $140, if you're patient.
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:47 pm

Weren't Japanese Nemesis boxes used as some kind of 'thank you' or promotional reward at some point?  It seems like the market was/is flooded with them - I got two for very very cheap a while back.

I love non-english cards, but it's hard to find european language cards around chicago - anyone have any suggestions?  I'd like to just buy packs - maybe half a dozen packs for $25 or so.

MP

sylvanstu
Librarities Legend

Post by sylvanstu » Sun Dec 21, 2003 7:40 pm

Squt where in the Chicago area are you. I'm in Lombard. I have alot of Italian and German Antiquties,Legends,Arabian Knights and white bordered Revised.  I got theese in a collection a bought last year and I don't really need them.
Collector of one of each Armageddon printed.