Best place to buy foreign boxes?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

Grapes17
Librarities Hero

Best place to buy foreign boxes?

Post by Grapes17 » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:15 pm

I am thinking of picking up one or two boxes foreign Guildpact when the set is released. I am looking for either (in order of preference) Japanes, Chinese(simplified or not), or Russian. Basically I want something that is unreadable normaly. :lol:

Anywho, I want to buy one or two boxes of this, my budget is not huge, so I don't want to buy it by the case or anything. So I was wondering, where do you guys buy your foreign cards? Is there any reliable retailers out there? And what is the overall price for a shipped box. Thanks a lot.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Re: Best place to buy foreign boxes?

Post by agzz » Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:52 pm

Grapes17 wrote:I am thinking of picking up one or two boxes foreign Guildpact when the set is released. I am looking for either (in order of preference) Japanes, Chinese(simplified or not), or Russian. Basically I want something that is unreadable normaly. :lol:

Anywho, I want to buy one or two boxes of this, my budget is not huge, so I don't want to buy it by the case or anything. So I was wondering, where do you guys buy your foreign cards? Is there any reliable retailers out there? And what is the overall price for a shipped box. Thanks a lot.
just fyi trad chinese is not printed anymore.

Do you use MOTL?
I have bought boxes from 'garyt2' / www.ccegames.mmorpg-online.org a few times without any problem. They are located in malaysia but shipping to Sweden have been $8 per box. I think i had to ask specificly for chinese box, i dont belive it was on the site nor their sales list no motl.

I am going to order russian from playtrade.de. Shipping is low and price for russain is 25-35% below store price for english here in Sweden. On the other hand we pay almost twise the US prices.
However i dont know wjen russian Guildpact will be out, russian Ravnica will be out middle of this month.

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:46 pm

Grapes17 wrote:I am thinking of picking up one or two boxes foreign Guildpact when the set is released. I am looking for either (in order of preference) Japanes, Chinese(simplified or not), or Russian. Basically I want something that is unreadable normaly. :lol:

Honestly, I don't tend to buy current sets in non-english languages. Just too darn expensive (on average) relative to what they tend to be worth when the sets go OOP.

EBay tends to have boxes show up, and DACardworld now has Russian 9th in stock, so they do stock it when they can.

And I think I know you..;-)

Gryfalia

Grapes17
Librarities Hero

Post by Grapes17 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:17 am

Gryfalia wrote:
And I think I know you..;-)

Gryfalia
Yep, you sure do. Ahh... those were the days.

Hmm... does anyone know the average final cost of a box of foreign magic will be? Also, I could check eBay for when it comes out, but I would like a little more assured way of getting the box... perhaps somewhere that I could preorder one or something? I don't know. I guese I will just wait for more replies.

p_amadeus

Post by p_amadeus » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:45 pm

I can get you Russian boxes of 9th and ravnica now....guildpact when it comes out...lmk if you're interested. 8)

Gryfalia
Legendary Epic Store Owner

Post by Gryfalia » Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:27 pm

Oh yeah, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Russian Ravnica seems to be available to US WotC Premiere stores (whatever they are called now). Don't know about 9th edition in any real quantity. Was happy with my first 5 packs, now I just need to decide how much more I wanna trade for from Peoria..hehe.

Gryfalia

p_amadeus

Post by p_amadeus » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:04 pm

Gryfalia wrote:Oh yeah, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Russian Ravnica seems to be available to US WotC Premiere stores (whatever they are called now). Don't know about 9th edition in any real quantity. Was happy with my first 5 packs, now I just need to decide how much more I wanna trade for from Peoria..hehe.

Gryfalia

Russian 9th is limited to 1 box per US dealer. I'm not positive on Ravnica but I think it is available in quantity to US dealers as a lot more of it is popping up on eBay a lot cheaper than russ 9th. It being more widely available to dealers in quantity at least partially explains this. Funny thing is the limitation on russian 9th boxes doesn't apply if you just know someone there who can get you as many as you want under the table 8)
Last edited by p_amadeus on Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

agzz
Legendary Terese Nielsen Fan

Post by agzz » Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:06 pm

p_amadeus wrote:
Gryfalia wrote:Oh yeah, not sure if this has been mentioned before, but Russian Ravnica seems to be available to US WotC Premiere stores (whatever they are called now). Don't know about 9th edition in any real quantity. Was happy with my first 5 packs, now I just need to decide how much more I wanna trade for from Peoria..hehe.

Gryfalia

Russian 9th is limited to 1 box per US dealer. I'm not positive on Ravnica but I think it is available in quantity to US dealers as a lot more of it is popping up on eBay a lot cheaper than russ 9th. It being more widely available to dealers in quantity at least partially explains this.
I belive ravnica is 2 per remiere stores. (thats the info i got from a seller anyway)