MTG Block Stories "Cliff's Notes"?

Moderators: cataclysm80, hammr7, l0qii, Apocalypse2K, berkumps, dragsamou, mystical_tutor, pp

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

MTG Block Stories "Cliff's Notes"?

Post by squt » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:42 pm

Does anyone know of anywhere (maybe even the WOTC web site) where there is an outline of the story for each block, who the characters/legends in the block are, and what they do in the story? I've always been interested in knowing the full story of what's going on behind the cards, but I don't want to have to read the novels.

Squt

Archivist
Librarities Legend

Post by Archivist » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:56 pm

The articles of Rei Nakazawa might give you what you're looking for. They are set-by-set, not blocks, but very good in that he mixes storyline with background on the cards.

In recent sets, they are getting away from directly telling a story in the cards. It's more like they have a setting and some character introduction, but not a storyboard, as done before. The novels lately take some aspects of the setting, but don't really much relate to the cards.
Boxes: @TCGPlayer | Singles: @CardShark | Trades: @PucaTrade

squt
Legendary Misprint Error Collector

Post by squt » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:06 pm

Thanks - this is pretty close to what I'm looking for! very cool.

Squt

Ralph Herold
Legendary Magic Library Administrator

Post by Ralph Herold » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:12 pm

A very good summary for the Weatherlight epic (Weatherlight to Apocalypse) can be found here: http://mtgsalvation.com/article/435/rem ... ht-partvc/ You can read more summaries, especially about newer sets, in the MTG Salvation storyline forum: http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57 REi Nakazawa's articles are worth a look, but he mainly introduces you to the setting of each set without spoiling the plot.

Volcanon
Legendary Snooty Caller

Post by Volcanon » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:13 am

Well as far as I know:

Darksteel: They toodle around the world barely not dying about six times. Then the moon comes up.

Dissention: They toodle around the world as a bunch of other people smash stuff. Then society is reformed.

Time Spiral: They toodle around the world barely not dying about six times. Then there's two separate unnecessary scenes with dragons in them that do basically nothing. Then Teferi loses his spark, thus being able to be made a card.

secretgiant
Librarities Hero

Post by secretgiant » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:42 am

I have read all the storyline books so if you want something cleared I'm more than happy to help :)
My username was lordsilver, but it displayed as secretgiant. I am the same user.
My gallery without updates: http://photobucket.com/albums/b260/secr ... ?start=all